The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

Default Sold 1971 Martin D-28

Great sounding old Martin with just enough mojo to be cool and not break the bank. Plenty of sustain with no muddiness. It had a neck reset about 10 years ago and the typical pickguard crack has been repaired and cleated and is hardly noticeable. No other cracks or repairs other than that. It has some very minor checking on the top but nowhere else on the guitar and some wear around the bottom edge of the soundhole from what looks like a previous finger style player. I also replaced the factory Grover tuners which had some slop with exact replacements except nickel plated. I also replaced the black pickguard with a custom made tortoise one by Holter pickguards. It has a K&K pure mini pickup that works great. The case pictured is a nice Geib style Martin archtop , one of the nice heavy duty ones(I have the medallion but I used this case some for my Gibson also). I will also include a price with the non original vintage case that it came with, it isn't an exact fit but still looks nice and serves the purpose.

http://s751.photobucket.com/user/bgp...rary/71%20D-28

$2150.00 with case pictured + calculated shipping

$1900.00 with vintage non original case + calculated shipping.

Last edited by bgpicker; 11-26-2017 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 11-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Guitar is on hold until Sunday for a long haul trucker.

Thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars