The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 PM

Mine is a Fulltone OCD. It's nice and responsive, and I particularly like it in that I can use it with an amp turned very low and get touch sensitive tweedish or plexilike overdrive.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
.tom the übergeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp0701 View Post
Mine is a Fulltone OCD. It's nice and responsive, and I particularly like it in that I can use it with an amp turned very low and get touch sensitive tweedish or plexilike overdrive.
Yep, that pedal is all about the right hand
Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I have Boss pedals I bought in the late '80s and still have the original packaging ... but I never really cared for them on my board so they're back in their boxes.
Oh really? Like what? My DD-2 sadly died about a month ago and I would love to replace it. the old MIJ Boss stuff is great IMO. I still have a CE2 and I've tried all sorts of other chorus pedals and always go back to that one.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpullen View Post
Foul...not a pedal!!!

You can see the pedal in the pocket on the left hand side.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Oh really? Like what? My DD-2 sadly died about a month ago and I would love to replace it. the old MIJ Boss stuff is great IMO. I still have a CE2 and I've tried all sorts of other chorus pedals and always go back to that one.
I just pulled them out - they're in their original boxes. The HF-2 HiBand Flanger and the DS-2 Turbo Distortion. I'm not looking to sell, never know when I might need it for something.

I was fairly new to electrics and didn't know what I was buying (too bad no internet). In hindsight, I should have bought a chorus and some other distortion pedal ... but they served their purpose during that period.

Do you prefer the DD-2 over the other delays? I take it yes.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I just pulled them out - they're in their original boxes. The HF-2 HiBand Flanger and the DS-2 Turbo Distortion. I'm not looking to sell, never know when I might need it for something.

I was fairly new to electrics and didn't know what I was buying (too bad no internet). In hindsight, I should have bought a chorus and some other distortion pedal ... but they served their purpose during that period.

Do you prefer the DD-2 over the other delays? I take it yes.
Yeah they are great to have around and just play on every once in a while, I've got a bunch of boxed up effects pedals too. I can't say I prefer the DD2 over anything else it's just that it's been on my board for 20 years now. I guess it's the only thing I know really.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 AM

BOSS RV-3 Digital Delay/Reverb.

Incredible pedal when you learn how to use it.

http://andyprickett.com/wp-content/u.../Boss-RV-3.jpg
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM

My new fave pedal... JHS State Line 2 in 1 low/med gain OD ....awesome!!!

http://www.jhspedals.com/products/gu...ls/state-line/
Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

The only pedal I have is a Boss Compression/Sustainer. Might pick up an overdrive sometime.

Todd
Old 03-24-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
The only pedal I have is a Boss Compression/Sustainer.
Nothing wrong with that.
If you play a lot of cleans or rely on natural coloration from your amp, a good Compressor/Sustainer is one of the most valuable tools in the box.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNOP View Post
Nothing wrong with that.
If you play a lot of cleans or rely on natural coloration from your amp, a good Compressor/Sustainer is one of the most valuable tools in the box.
I have been meaning to get one of these since I generally play clean these days.

I managed to score a Zen Drive via eBay. Sounds like the company went under. My guitarist has some old Tube Screamers that I'll compare it to.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp0701 View Post
Although I haven't had time to mess with a few newer pedals in my arsenal, the OCD is by far one of the best purchases I made.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:54 AM

Got the Zendrive the other day. Really enjoying it. Perhaps not the most versatile of pedals, but I'm very happy certain exact tones it gets. REALLY wishing I had a nice semi-hollow with full sized humbuckers right now. I'd be ordering one if I weren't ordering some basses soon.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM

My fav is an original Tube Screamer TS-808 that I bought new for $30 when they were first issued. Irreplaceable. I've used it on every gig since then (late '70s). Everyone I know say I should keep it home and buy a reissue. They also say I shouldn't take my '56 Strat, Collings acoustic and 1934 National Style O to bars.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Carone View Post
My fav is an original Tube Screamer TS-808 that I bought new for $30 when they were first issued. Irreplaceable. I've used it on every gig since then (late '70s). Everyone I know say I should keep it home and buy a reissue. They also say I shouldn't take my '56 Strat, Collings acoustic and 1934 National Style O to bars.
Hey Randy, welcome to the AGF. I've never played the original TS-808 before but I like my tube screamer to give a little more fatness to the tone. Today I turned the gain on 0, the level almost maxed, and used it on my Marshall JVM's crunch channel and it sounded great.

'56 Strat? Wow! What year did you buy it?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars