The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-20-2018, 08:21 PM

Default Rainsong Truss Rod Nut

I've had a Rainsong Hybrid H-WS1000N2 for about 3 months. I noticed that the truss rod cover was not sitting flat on the head stock. It was bowed up in the middle. So I emailed Rainsong thinking the cover was drilled a little short. So I was wanting a new truss rod cover sent to me. Rainsong replied stating all the truss rod covers were done by CNC so being drilled short was unlikely and he thought maybe the screws were snug to tight. I loosened the screws and it didn't help so I removed the cover and noticed the truss rod nut does not sit down far enough in the crevice to let the cover sit flat on the head stock. Does anyone else have this same issue? I emailed them back about the nut. I'll let you know what they say.

Mike
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 PM

Did you try to tighten it? They are shipped without tension and a lot of relief. It is a hex socket and the wrench should have been in the case.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:38 PM

I just received a Rainsong C-OH. The truss rod nut also was loose but the cover sat correctly. I spoke to Rainsong and they told me that there is very little adjustability in the CF neck. Basically it is what it is and should not need adjustment. My string height was high so the bridge saddle needed to be lowered. I sanded it and the string height lowered. Not there yet but the playability is much better.
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 02-21-2018, 01:10 AM

The neck can be set dead flat with the truss, mine is just at three thousands relief now. Set it flat to start with notched neck gauge. Then set in relief after taking the saddle down. Plays sweet now.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:08 AM

Rainsong returned my email and instructed me to loosen the nut and then just push it down tiill the nut sits down far enough for the cover to sit flat. I did what they said and it worked like a charm. Rainsong customer service could not of been better. All emails sent were answered very quickly.

Thanks ,

Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber