The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2000, 05:00 AM

Post taylor case

I just bought a 2000 810 and since I do quite a bit of travelling, I was wandering if anybody knows how to lock or secure the case? Unlike Fender cases the hardshell case dose not come with a lock. Now I do not plan on checking the guitar through airlines or such, but having the ability to lock a case sems to me to be a plus.
Any thoughts on this?
Old 12-23-2000, 01:55 PM

Howdy Dave

If you need to fly around with your 810, i'd suggest that you should get an ATA flight case. They are durable, flight-"friendly" and are custom-fitted (i believe).

I dunno... i don't plan to fly around with my guitar yet, so i haven't thought that out!

Blessings,
nick
Old 12-23-2000, 04:56 PM

Hey there Dave,
I asked this same question about a month ago, and Bob (one of the frequent posters) gave me the suggestion of taking my taylor case to a luggage repair shop (or something of the sort) where they would be able to either attach on another latch, or make one of the other latches lockable (probably by removal and replacement). I haven't looked into it yet, but I may, if you go through the process, tell us all how it goes. =)
Randall

Oh BTW: Congrats on your purchase =) I just recently got my first Taylor, a 810-bce. Have you had a chance to visit the factory in El Canjun yet?
Old 12-23-2000, 06:01 PM

Question

Hi Randall,
Thanks for the info, I think that a good repair shop should be able to attach a lock.. I have not yet visited the taylor factory, although plan to do so in the near future as they are very close to me here in San Diego.
Did you try the 810CE prior to buying your BCE, because I am curious what the difference in tone is between the Indian Rosewood and the Brazilian Rosewood?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification