The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-26-2016, 08:09 AM

Default Peter Tsiorba - Flamenco Negra

Hello all,

Since there are so many amazing builds on this section of the site I thought that I would share one that I had built for me.

I had Peter Tsiorba ( https://www.tsiorba.com ) from Portland Oregon build me a Flamenco Negra, with a Bear Claw European spruce top and Brazillian rosewood back and sides. Most of the wood has been seasoning since the late 1970's, truly amazing stuff.

For this build I took a very hands off approach. After seeing examples of Peters work we decided on specs for the guitar (Sorry, off the top of my head I do not remember the specs, but they did not vary from a traditional Spanish guitar.) The only thing I asked was that if he had an exceptional top that had bear claw please use it on this build. As you will see in the pictures below the top, in my opinion, is spectacular.

Then I asked him to build the best possible sounding guitar. I did not want to see pictures ect from the build for fear if I wanted something cosmetically changed it might interfere with the sound from the instrument. I had total faith that Peter would build a beautiful guitar, what I wanted was the best possible instrument and did not want cosmetics to get in the way of that. When the guitar gets here I will let you know how it sounds, but from playing other guitars in his shop I know that it will sound amazing.

The pictures are in no order sorry. If you have any questions I will try and answer them if not I will ask Peter and get you a response.

Thanks for looking,

JRW

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Edited due to duplicate photos.

Last edited by Minexploration; 08-26-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:10 AM

Last two pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-26-2016, 08:44 AM

Mission accomplished on the beautiful part anyway. I love the spalted rosette and I am with you on the bearclaw, that is phenomenal. Congrats!!
Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

Congratulation and thanks for sharing...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop