The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Love the looks of the pear guitar, Bruce--hope to have a chance to play it down in Santa Barbara!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 08-25-2016, 11:14 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Love the looks of the pear guitar, Bruce--hope to have a chance to play it down in Santa Barbara!
All you'll have to do is show up and ask. Hope you do!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:54 PM

I had the opportunity to meet with Bruce today, really great guy! I think I have the building/ sound part ok, but have always left my nuts/saddles high and then slowly take them down based on fear based on not really understanding that last little part of getting the playability down. He really helped me with understanding the final set up with the relief and nut. Really generous of him to take the time with me, can't thank you enough Bruce! Look forward to meeting again when I got it right! Thanks again.... and his guitar sounds great, super huge sound! I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Bruce is "the man"
Old 08-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

No, you're not wrong -
Old 08-26-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
No, you're not wrong -
Aye! Beautiful looking and sounding guitars, and one of the coolest guys I've ever met!
Old 09-06-2016, 01:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

I do offer open ended ongoing set up as one of my tenets of customer service, and occasionally someone takes me up on it. Today Michael Ng came by with two of his Sexauer's for some very subtle tweaking. I think this guitar is a candidate for my best ever, though it faces some stiff competition. In fact, Michael's other Sexauer could get me to say the same. Isn't this Pernambuco Mini-D a beauty? The burst blends to the Pernambuco rather than the usual brown of rosewood.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Very nice....

3,000 miles is a long way to go for my set ups on my two Sexauers...
Old 09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
That guitar is super cool!
Old 09-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Beautiful Burst, I do prefer the way it blends to the Pernambuco,

It always bothers me when the sunburst gets darker at the edges than the
side wood.

Must be my OCD
Old 09-13-2016, 05:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default First Ever Sexauer Guitar Sale!!!

This will be a 2 week sale of 10 of my personally owned examples of my work. Mostly, these are guitars I took in trade against new work, and were spectacularly well taken care of by their owners. I have long offered full original purchase price in trade-up value, and since this recession came along, more people have taken me up on it that I can deal with given that I am not a retailer. In addition I am offering a few of the instruments I have chosen to make from non-mainstream materials, and also one or two that suffered at my own hands from being in the shop too long. All of these will have my normal warranty.

This sale begins in ten days as I write, and ends 2 weeks plus a couple days later. That's September 23rd though October 9, 2016. I will honor the prices only during that time. Speaking of prices, they are in every case between 30% and 40% lower than my normal already discounted (on these items) asking price. If you are considering my guitars, this is the best chance you have ever had, and there is considerable selection as well!

I have made a page for these guitars in my website, and each picture is linked to the respective instrument's own page, also on my website.

Here is the link: SEXAUER GUITAR SALE!!!

But wait, there's more: At the up coming SBAIC event Sept 30 - October 2 I plan to have which ever of these guitars I still own with me at my hotel. AT my table in the event itself I will have a sign up sheet for 4 half hour slots each evening available to those who want to audition the instruments in a quiet place and perhaps have some of my undivided attention . . or not.

I have created a thread for this sale in the AGF MarketPlace (click here), and I plan to groom the tread daily with extra information about each instrument I'm offering. I do not plan to do the same here in the custom shop as this is not the place for such business.

Thank you,

Last edited by Bruce Sexauer; 09-13-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:34 PM
AGF Sponsor

You may not be interested in having another guitar, I mean who needs another guitar? But since you are reading this you are probably interested in my "story", so I want to direct you to what's happening in my thread in the "MarketPlace" section of this forum.

Each day I am doing a little essay on each of the guitars I am offering in my sale. Some history, what I can remember of my thinking, and also very fresh pictures. So far I have done the FT-16-D (dread) and the FT-15-Artifact. I imagine you're interested. Check it out daily.

Here's one pic of each.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

I wrote quite a bit on the history of the "Satriani" FT-14-P over in My MarketPlace thread today. Also put up some very fresh pictures, of which this is one:
Old 09-16-2016, 05:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Today I added the FT-15 Malaysian Blackwood (OM) guitar I made in 2007 to my "Sale!!!" thread.

Here the beautiful and inspiring rear view of this instrument:
Old 09-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Bruce....! Ps, Folks, I owned that Adi Malaysian B wood OM for a couple years... Had a blast with her, it's an awesome one! Tempted I must say!
Old 09-17-2016, 09:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

Today I added my JB-00 story to my Marketplace thread. I got a bit carried away on the word count.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop