The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-14-2018, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Reverb Vs Ebay - School me please.

Hi,

I'm considering selling some guitars (shortly to go on Classifieds - and I've put them on Ebay (UK) but wondering about Reverb.

Would someone advise me how Reverb works, costs and problems etc.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2018, 07:06 AM

Hi Andy. Sorry, I have no experience with Reverb, but I guessed what you might be selling and found you on eBay !

I think the Waterloo should soon go at that price, looking at the other listings on that page, you have to wonder why anyone ever buys one from Japan ?!
Noticed this before while looking at Martins etc. All their high end stuff seems to be about double the (already high) Brit price !

Sorry mate, I digress..... I do it all the time...... Good luck with sales .
Old 01-14-2018, 09:44 AM

I think the fees on Reverb are meaningfully less. But the time I listed a guitar there, I found the “Reverb Bump” (pay extra to have your item show at the top of the searches) to be a bit confusing (the concept is clear...it is there execution and fee structure that wasn’t so clear). And, since there are no auctions (and hence, no ending date for listings), it seems like certain models can accumulate, creating a less workable clutter of listings.

My biggest complaint, however, is the way that Reverb consistently has problems loading on my tablet (an iPad) and phone...so I can’t casually peruse listings while in a waiting room (or similar situation). I rarely sit in front of my desktop to search for guitars, so the frustration of Reverb not loading on my iPad has prompted me to stop looking there.

I know lots of folks really dig Reverb, but I’m
Not one of them; I am quite ambivalent about it.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 PM

I have a shop on reverb. It's very easy and designed for musical equipment sales. https://reverb.com/page/seller-hub
"As a seller, Reverb charges you 3.5% of the total sale amount (including shipping) after your item has sold. The minimum fee is $0.50 and the maximum fee is $350. For example, if you sell a $15,000 guitar, we limit your transaction fee to only $350."

eBay has listing fees, on reverb you can free list for as long as necessary. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/ques...what-fees.html

My seller feedback:

Last edited by Song; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic