The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Default Played Some Emerald Guitars!

Well, I went over to "Kramsters" (Mark's) house last night and had the honor of meeting Allistair the inventor of the Emerald guitars. What a blast I had!

I have not been a big fan of carbon fiber/graphite guitars, but folks, you will not be disappointed with these. I played both the plain carbon fiber ones and the woody topped ones.

The X7 shined for me. Great projection and string separation. The woody topped one is more of a strummer. I love the look of the gloosy woody top, but for my purposes the plain top sound worked better.

The necks are hollow on the X7s and some of the other models. Allistair is a brillant designer and has really worked with many different variables in designing these guitars. And he has hit a market where they are very affordable, the sub $X,XXX market. The X7 is so comfortable to hold and the set up so comfortable.

Then, we plugged in to one of Mark's great amps...holy kamoly! Allistair uses the B-band and these are incredible (Phoenix Guitar Co also uses the B-band and folks, these are sooooo underrated!)

If you want an incredible carbon fiber guitar that you can travel with, amplies well, and a great bang for the buck, you have found it.

Mark, come on into this thread, you own a couple so let's here your thoughts. Thanks for the great time!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Itself is a self contained entertainment center. Energy, passion, plays so nicely, and a beautiful voice and just darn cool.... anyway... what she said hit's it on the carbon fiber head. These guitars are very comfy and the wood top laminate ones are a little warmer unplugged. Plugged in wow!
I think there is a model just right for most anyone.
Alistair knows stuff... alot of stuff and a way cool guy (plus a good hiker).

His woody bass guitar is so fine looking and feels great and is light.... makes me want to learn some bass.
X-7 Plain: ⬇

And the X-7 "woody" into a Schertler Unico: ⬇
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 06-09-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itself View Post
I played both the plain carbon fiber ones and the woody topped ones.
Did Kramster let you play with his other toys? Did he give you the full E-ticket ride, including the guitar-swim and guitar-hike?

I think he should charge admission. The Kramster Experience.

gits: good and plenty
chops: snickers
Old 06-09-2010, 01:49 PM

You mean the Carbon Fiber Gang that was hanging out at my house this past Sun- Weds?? As in CA meets Emerald??... I know what you all are a thinking.... wow, a lot of money in strings!

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 06-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Well, I can tell you this about Kramster, the nicest darn guy you will ever meet and a great musician. His taste in guitars and particularly amps, is impeccable. Just full of knowledge and I always enjoy an afternoon of fun over there. And don't let him fool you, he's a big huggie bear!!!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 06-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Hey Im in Gilbert! Those Carbons look great. How do I get an invite

Takamine Santa Fe, Alvarez 5056, Alvarez 5053,Yamaha FG-300, Yairi DY53 1990 (Pecan), Spirit Dreadnought, Yamaha Classical....we wont even start on the electrics.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:24 PM

The Emerald Road Trip is now in Vegas. But I have an Emerald X-7 and X-10 ... both woodies. The rest of my Carbon Fiber is CA stuff. If you want to try them PM me.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 PM
strummin' an x12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
You mean the Carbon Fiber Gang that was hanging out at my house this past Sun- Weds?? As in CA meets Emerald??... I know what you all are a thinking.... wow, a lot of money in strings!
Very close!

I was actually thinking, "Surely he could spare me his blue Cargo."

So you see we are on the same wavelength.

~ S.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber