The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-28-2015, 11:59 PM

Default Fourths Up and Fifths Up Lesson by Tomi Paldanius

Hi guys. Here is a little lesson and also an advertise of my 15 weeks Pattern Toolbox Program. I start the group 2 today but you can join until March 8th. If it is not allowed to advertise, please feel free to remove this topic.

This can maybe help some people understanding how important it is to build your musicality out from mechanical training. Especially when you are learning songs and how to memorize them.

I apologize my singing voice but it is not the main thing here. I always recommend students to sing. Not just melodies but basslines and even chords of the patterns as arpeggiated patterns.

Pattern Toolbox Program has also an library where me together with students add new songs all the time with most common patterns.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Hi T,
i will check that out.
I need something. I try scales/patterns etc. but loose interest - they aren't tunes if you know what I mean.
Is there a fee?

I noticed your name - very nice arrangement of Hotel California btw. Gabriela Quevedo on u tube covered it. Def. like to learn that one.

E.D.
(bob)
Old 03-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duque View Post
Hi T,
i will check that out.
I need something. I try scales/patterns etc. but loose interest - they aren't tunes if you know what I mean.
Is there a fee?

I noticed your name - very nice arrangement of Hotel California btw. Gabriela Quevedo on u tube covered it. Def. like to learn that one.

E.D.
(bob)
When learning scales I guess you've made the same mistakes as I've done. Just playing them and noodling around. Program has a fee and is a 15 weeks live learning with members area and access to the song library. Yesterday was the first session but you can join until 8th of March. I taught how to play down the line in Major bassline and what are the common chords you can use for that. I separate patterns to diatonic and non diatonic. Diatonic have only the notes which are included to the key. For example C major has C D E F G A B. You can do Down The Line in Major with chromatic basslines also.

This is the way the greatest fingerstyle guitar players learn and memorize songs nowadays. Well atleast Tommy Emmanuel and few others I know and highly respect.

I do instructional DVD's for www.happyfrets.com website. Just got the Led Zeppelin DVD out and actually The Eagles will be next. Sungha Jung and Gabriella do a nice job with the Hotel California but I will do it little differently for the DVD. In Hotel California I use double string tremolo and few other things differently. Here is a sample of the Led Zeppelin songs.

I also changed my approach for recording. I do all songs with 1 take. No overdubs or playback videos anymore. That is how the best players like Tommy Emmanuel also do. He was in a studio here in Bangkok and did a track for a drummer. Played the whole song with the click with one take and they will add drums later. Pretty amazing and crazy skills. I also use minimal reverb and guitar I use is 100 dollar Japanese Martin copy. You can play music with cheap instruments also. People tend to think great instrument makes a great player. Simple music I play I think it is not needed to have an expensive guitar. Only playable instrument with reasonable tone but good intonation. I think you can get a new Chinisese guitar good enough for acoustic guitar recording for $150.

Last edited by TomiPaldanius; 03-01-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Hey, are all these sessions recorded at the beach? Really distracting to have such a noisy environment. Can I say, makes me not want to look at what else you've got. True its not freeway noise, but it's noise.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfsark View Post
Hey, are all these sessions recorded at the beach? Really distracting to have such a noisy environment. Can I say, makes me not want to look at what else you've got. True its not freeway noise, but it's noise.
Not at the beach. In a studio kind of environment with a clear sound. Live sessions have pretty clear sound also. I use Rode NTG3 mic and UA preamp with webcam.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:04 PM

Here is the first video lesson of the Session 1 as a sample.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write