The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-27-2024, 07:05 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauland View Post
Hi

What could be the reason for a strange tuning behaviour only for the 6th string?

I use a clip-on tuner (the TC Unitone) and an App on my phone (PRO guitar Tuner, which I find quite precise)

- On the phone, the 6th string seems to make the needle bounce a lot, the other strings are ok.

- Quite a big difference when tuning the 6th string and comparing the TC and the APP, around 6/8 cents, other strings are very similar or they are both the same.

- New Elixir PB Nanoweb 53-12 strings (I previously had the same strings but around 1 month old, changed them to new ones expecting some improvements, but unfortunately no)

Any suggestions why this could happen? it seems the 6th string sounds strange and this tuning difference distracts me a bit when playing not being sure if it's properly in tune or not.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
You can get close with the tuner but I always have to sweeten things by ear depending what I'm playing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion