The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-04-2017, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Default Emeralds 4th of July Guitar!

Wow!

http://emeraldguitars.com/portfolio/...v=7516fd43adaa
Old 07-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I believe this guitar was posted in a thread here before, but it is certainly worthy of being posted again, especially on the 4th of July. I wonder if it wraps around to fill the back as well. As if Emerald finishes are spectacular enough, this is an amazing example of the possibilities of artwork on their guitars.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:20 AM

Geez, I love the 3 dimensional look and how the stars and stripes look like they were just sewn on!!! Is this an available model or just a one off?
Old 07-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Geez, I love the 3 dimensional look and how the stars and stripes look like they were just sewn on!!! Is this an available model or just a one off?
A one off.

Robert Mizzell, is a successful Country music artist originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, but living in Ireland. In 2016 he contacted Emerald Guitars to get a custom guitar made for him. His brief was simple, he wanted a guitar featuring a vintage look American flag. Alistair Hay commissioned Phil Atkinson, an airbrush artist based in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim, to create the stunning artwork.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, that is kind of a shame, that is super work, but if it was airbrushed obviously it can not be mass produced! I suppose they would do a similar treatment for anyone with the money to pay for it though!
Old 07-04-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
A one off.

Robert Mizzell, is a successful Country music artist originally from Shreveport, Louisiana, but living in Ireland. In 2016 he contacted Emerald Guitars to get a custom guitar made for him. His brief was simple, he wanted a guitar featuring a vintage look American flag. Alistair Hay commissioned Phil Atkinson, an airbrush artist based in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim, to create the stunning artwork.
Thought it might have been for Clive Owen and the Buckeroos.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply, that is kind of a shame, that is super work, but if it was airbrushed obviously it can not be mass produced! I suppose they would do a similar treatment for anyone with the money to pay for it though!
You should write and ask them about cost and possibilities. Easy way to find out if you have interest in something like it.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:39 PM

I have seen it before in the toob video, but that close up really shows the detailed artistry, stunningly beautiful .

What is that colour scheme anyway ? Looks almost like it could be some flag or something ....
Old 07-05-2017, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Dear Tom,

We can definitely get another custom-airbrushed and the price isn't too much more than an X20 Woody. A few people have been close to ordering, but haven't pulled the trigger. Of course, every airbrush paint job would be different from the next. Phil does everything by hand and is an amazing artist. Thank you for your interest.

Sean

X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_11 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_24 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_18 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
Old 07-05-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Guitars View Post
Dear Tom,

We can definitely get another custom-airbrushed and the price isn't too much more than an X20 Woody. A few people have been close to ordering, but haven't pulled the trigger. Of course, every airbrush paint job would be different from the next. Phil does everything by hand and is an amazing artist. Thank you for your interest.

Sean
I'd have to think long and hard about what I'd want as a subject to adorn my guitar forever,
but if I was ordering now I'd definitely choose some of this art work over a Woody.
Absolute knock-out !
Old 07-05-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
We can definitely get another custom-airbrushed and the price isn't too much more than an X20 Woody.....
Indeed some very nice artwork. But then, one could go for actual emeralds on the tuning posts and bridge pins!

Old 07-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Dear Tom,

Sean

X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_11 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_24 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
X20 American Flag (Ele) CS_18 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
Well Sean,

That would certainly solve my dilemma in regards to color and finish on the back wouldn't it?????????
Old 07-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Oh my goodness!! That is stunning. I love thread look on the stars, and the 3D look in general. Phil Atkinson nailed the vintage American flag look.

Are you sure this guitar should be played?? It looks like it belongs in an art museum, behind glass, on a rotating pedestal!!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:17 PM

I think it's time to trade up. That airbrush work is fabulous. Can I bring my own artist in to do the final work assuming I had one?

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:13 PM

Phil Atkinson is a master airbrush artist if there ever was one. Wow. It just shocked me when I scrolled onto that beauty here. How he imagined this as he worked on it is just amazing. Like songwriting sometimes.
Alvarez
Fender Strat '69
Gibson 1942 Banner LG-2 Vintage Sunburst
Gibson SJ-200
Taylor Myrtlewood 12 string
Emerald X20
Godin Montreal w/piezo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber