The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-19-2017, 09:52 AM

Default Zoom AC-3

New preamp from Zoom. Let's you morph your guitar...

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/gui...oustic-creator

There is 16 source guitar type and 15 target guitar type.

So you can have an OM sounds like a Jumbo and vice versa.

Cuki
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/
Old 08-19-2017, 05:14 PM

Seems confusing

Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 AM

I am currently using the Zoom AC-2 in conjunction with a Baggs Element and I am extremely disappointed in the pedal's ability to improve the piezo quack. All I get from changing to different "settings" is different sounding quack. I am going to look for another pedal. In my other gigging guitars I have used a Fishman Prefix + Aura 16 pedal, a Baggs Anthem + Session Acoustic DI and the Yamaha SRT system. All sound great. The sound I am getting out of this current setup in this new guitar is not going to cut it. I'm either replacing the pickup with an Anthem or the pedal with an Aura.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 PM

On the Zoom AC-3 - what does the foot switch switch? There is a port for it on the back but I haven't found any info on it. I'm going to check one out in the next few days.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nykoruk View Post
On the Zoom AC-3 - what does the foot switch switch? There is a port for it on the back but I haven't found any info on it. I'm going to check one out in the next few days.
The foot pedal activates the Anti feedback feature, without having to bend down to touch the tiny button next to the tuning lights.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 02-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
The foot pedal activates the Anti feedback feature, without having to bend down to touch the tiny button next to the tuning lights.
Thanks, that makes sense, feedback needs a quick response.

I called the Music store and they said that zoom distrobution had changed and they didn't carry any Zoom Products anymore. Called Guitar Center, listed as a dealer on Zoom-na website but they would have to order one. None to demo, but a 45 day return policy. So much for the try before you buy concept.
I actually wanted to hear actual efx on my Taylor, before buying it.
Maybe the 45 day return policy would be the way to go.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:49 PM

My problem with the Zoom AC-3 is the modeling. You can’t turn it off and you can’t even dial it back. My guitars are all dual system pickup/mic. I dial in just a little mic. With the AC-3 there is no option to turn off the modeling (correct me if I am wrong). If I was going to use the modeling, I would want to dial in just a little (30% maybe), but you can’t do that either. It’s a shame because other than this it looks really cool.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
My problem with the Zoom AC-3 is the modeling. You can’t turn it off and you can’t even dial it back. My guitars are all dual system pickup/mic. I dial in just a little mic. With the AC-3 there is no option to turn off the modeling (correct me if I am wrong). If I was going to use the modeling, I would want to dial in just a little (30% maybe), but you can’t do that either. It’s a shame because other than this it looks really cool.
Yeah, you're right. No way to switch off the modeling, and I also have a dual system pickup. Having said that, I can turn off the mic, and just use the Piezo, but I prefer the blended sound. I just switch the Source guitar to an OM, or sometimes a single cutaway, which is supposedly aimed at Taylor Guitars, and leave the Target Guitar off.
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 02-08-2020, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Yeah, you're right. No way to switch off the modeling, and I also have a dual system pickup. Having said that, I can turn off the mic, and just use the Piezo, but I prefer the blended sound. I just switch the Source guitar to an OM, or sometimes a single cutaway, which is supposedly aimed at Taylor Guitars, and leave the Target Guitar off.
No blend between the model and straight pickup either.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:46 AM

The modeling doesn't do anything drastic. Also it sounds better with to me with it on rather than off. My J45 has an Anthem SL and it sounds better with the modeling on. I think you are overthinking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification