The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-15-2017, 06:24 AM

Default Powering 2 preamps inside 1 guitar with 1 9v

That's pretty much my question. I will have 2 completely separate systems inside 1 guitar but I'm hoping I can power it off if 1 battery if both jacks are engaged at the same time. I know they will work separately but what happens if I run both at once off the same battery? 1) nothing. It will work just fine. 2) it will work but drain the battery fast. 3) this is dangerous, don't do it. Thanks
Old 03-15-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybottoms View Post
That's pretty much my question. I will have 2 completely separate systems inside 1 guitar but I'm hoping I can power it off if 1 battery if both jacks are engaged at the same time. I know they will work separately but what happens if I run both at once off the same battery? 1) nothing. It will work just fine. 2) it will work but drain the battery fast. 3) this is dangerous, don't do it. Thanks
Should work fine. You will have shorter battery life on the order of the two system's battery life added together and divided by 4 (or the average divided by 2).
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 03-15-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
Should work fine. You will have shorter battery life on the order of the two system's battery life added together and divided by 4 (or the average divided by 2).
Thank you!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:05 PM

This is done now btw. I'll report back after a few uses and see how the battery is holding up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair