The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

I'm still getting familiar with my new recording gear. Rerecorded this one this morning with a much better result I think.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 03-28-2017, 03:56 PM
Charter Member

I have enjoyed the Springsteen covers on this thread. It's very nice to see this kind of participation. Paul, Bob, FB, Sal, and Danny -- all well done!

Unfortunately, I have never learned a Springsteen song. I have a couple of his albums, but I was never motivated to make any of those songs my own. When I thought about which Springsteen song I could really identify with, it was very much this one...

My wife heard me listening to this song and could tell what I was thinking. She informed me that our 11-year-old grandson has subscribed to my YouTube channel, and I had better not put anything there that was not appropriate for an 11-year-old to listen to. I didn't think this song would be over the line, but she most certainly did, especially coming from his grandfather.

So, I'm afraid I am going to pass on Springsteen songs.

- Glenn
Old 03-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Glenn,

I never played that one until after my daughters were in bed. But somehow they picked it up and liked it. I think it is more the mood than the lyric. But as your wife says, there are love songs and then there are love songs :-)

I have one for you, an obscure thing called Man at the Top. Nils Lofgren does a very nice fingerstyle cover of it.... and it would really benefit from one of your arrangements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84USuVZBrHU
Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
I'm still getting familiar with my new recording gear. Rerecorded this one this morning with a much better result I think.

Paul,

Much brighter recording, and I like the vocal better, too. This is a killer arrangement.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:43 PM

OK, you asked for it.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 03-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
OK, you asked for it.

Hey Jamie, that is a "tough" one and you are definitely channeling Bruce on the vocal, nice job!!
Old 03-30-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
Brilliant! I was going to share a Devils and Dust cover, but FBs is better... I'll share this one instead... pink Cadillac.

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/pink-cadillac

Hot ****, this a great thread, one of the best in a long time... I am always humbled and amazed at the deep well of talent on AGF. Sal, I have always liked this song but I have to admit I've never really listened to it. Hearing you sing it so clearly and well really made me laugh... what great lyrics! Thanks so much for sharing... and thanks for all the other great Springsteen covers here... you guys rock.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

Last edited by billder99; 03-30-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
As we found out in another thread, love him or hate him, everybody has an opinion on the Boss. What sometimes get lost in all the bombast of his live shows and his politics is his songwriting.

Springsteen has been covered by lots of folks, so there should be plenty of inspiration even if you are not a fan of his own delivery.

This is a simple country tune called If I should Fall Behind. It is a plea for understanding between lovers. I don't think it expresses any political opinions

https://soundcloud.com/user-16619491/fallbehind-2-25-17

Let's hear your favorites. Thanks!
I don't have a recorded cover but
personally I really like Springsteen And I like your version of "If I Fall Behind".

Interestingly my favorite version of that song is actually not Springsteens, but is also a cover of it from Dion and the Belmonts ....perhaps the epitome of great "Doo Wop'

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

That is really cool, Kev. Hard to believe they are covering what was originally a country song!

Thanks for sharing. I'm embarrassed to admit I used to turn my nose up at Doo Wop and 50's music in general. In the last few years thanks to some friends who are not so "high brow" about music I've seen Jersey Boys multiple times, Million Dollar Quartet and Sha Na Na. Very entertaining stuff in the right hands.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell