The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-20-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Likely the top of the upper bout location of the raised celtic knot design is smooth so it doesn't feel uncomfortable under the forearm and on those guitars with a bevel maybe it's not noticeable at all, but the thought did cross my mind when I first saw it, causing me to wonder if it'd be better placed along the top of the lower bout. That said, maybe it's not an issue at all.
The Detailing while raised is really low profile and barely noticeable under the arm. I blend the carving into the rest of the finish to make the whole design very subtle.
This has been a fun and challenging series to complete.
Alistair
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
The Detailing while raised is really low profile and barely noticeable under the arm. I blend the carving into the rest of the finish to make the whole design very subtle.
This has been a fun and challenging series to complete.
Alistair
Thanks for the clarification. With what you do on your guitars, there was no question that this detailing would still be comfortable. Not sure how you do that raised logo, but it sure is impressive. It is fun to see what you are doing each month with the Select Series... pushing it each month. Kudos!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber