The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-27-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeljive View Post
Just got one yesterday. I'm trying the Align Session in front of it doing preliminary compression and tone shaping, and using the EQ primarily for the HPF and fine-tuning (taming of some other low and mid freqs, and a slight boost on the very high end).

So far, I think I like the EQ's unique selection of frequencies that can be controlled, but I haven't used it (or other EQs with more than 3 bands) enough to know how it compares to other options.
Let us know how it sounds on your Taylor.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:05 AM
Charter Member

i use a redeye-tuner-bodyrez-lr baggs equalizer in a small pedal board. have k&ks in 2 martin guitars and the equalizer tames that bass boom. also have the full anthem in an hd28 and don't really need the equalizer for that but its nice to have the option.

don't know why but i ordered the new sunnaudio stage Di 2. can't stop trying new stuff.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:07 PM

The phase switch, HPF, notch filter, and 85hz EQ knob on the Align EQ are great for feedback control. The other EQ frequency knobs are nice for shaping your tone, but are not effective in locating and removing problems frequencies as would a fully parametric EQ.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification