The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM

I've owned a Loudbox Artist for a few weeks now ... so far, more than satisfied with this little amp ... the right features, clean, great tone with very little tweaking required ... highly recommended ... I understand they may be hard to find right now ... lots of places out of stock ... but I'm sure that will be remedied ...

For some very simple demos of original music: https://soundcloud.com/rick-langdon

-- Play on!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creaulx View Post
Just picked up the Loudbox Artist and jammed with my bud playing a Strat through a VOX 30 watt electric amp and my brother playing drums - loud! I was able to be heard on rhythm and even play a few leads. I'm impressed with this amp, it blows most of the competition away at this price point. The effects are nice and extremely adjustable. Should do nicely for my regular gigs.
Great info......what kind of guitar were you playing through it?

I think Fishman essentially replaced the Loudbox 100 with the Artist. At this time, nobody seems to have the Artist in stock. I have not been able to play one, but I ordered one from Guitar Center on Feb. 6 and they are backordered. They say they are getting a shipment on Feb. 23 and will fill back orders first in chronological order. I hope I make the cut. If I don't, I have a short list of alternatives.

I'm glad to read the favorable reports here.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM

Default loudbox artist

OK I've had my Loudbox artist for about 2 weeks now, Initially I was having trouble dialing in a sound I liked, had trouble getting a good bass response that wasn't too boomy, had to cut the mids quite a bit, I'm liking it more and more the longer I mess with it. I've also been having some feedback issues when I try to push it for a little volume. I like the sweepable notch for cutting feedback and the phase button is helpful, I'm using a soundhole feedback buster as well, but It still can be a feedback monster when I'm playing out. I play some small clubs where I don't want to bring in a PA, but when I try to bump up the volume, lookout, I really have to watch where I am stand in relation to the amp. Overall Its a nice little amp, I'm still learning how to use it though.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:28 PM

I just got one from MF ($100 off by calling) and will be trying it at a church community Easter dinner next weekend. It'll be a 3-hour gig with about 100 people in the room. I used to own a Loudbox 100 and am sorry I got rid of it. I would have rather had that (metal grill) but I am looking forward to receiving the Artist. Hopefully it'll hold up. It looks fragile.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:14 PM

The biggest gripe I have with the Artist is the paper thin tolex. I've never seen such a fragile covering on an amp. Mine is shredded after a little over two years. I'd strongly advise a cover for new owners.

I was taking the corner pieces off the amp yesterday and the covering just peeled off as I took off the protective corners. It almost looks sprayed on.

Mine also has a distorted sound when it first powers up which gradually fades after a several minutes. This sometimes goes away if I tap the top of the amp (Fonzie style).

The old ones look bullet-proof.

Mike
Old 03-29-2015, 05:44 AM

OK I have a slip cover for mine (on the way) and will also keep the plastic bag. Do you think that will be good enough or should I cancel the order?

Maybe I should just look for a used Loudbox 100.

I am currently using a brand new Fender Acoustasonic 150, which on paper sounds like it should be fantastic but in real-life, is dreadful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingboy68 View Post
The biggest gripe I have with the Artist is the paper thin tolex. I've never seen such a fragile covering on an amp. Mine is shredded after a little over two years. I'd strongly advise a cover for new owners.

I was taking the corner pieces off the amp yesterday and the covering just peeled off as I took off the protective corners. It almost looks sprayed on.

Mine also has a distorted sound when it first powers up which gradually fades after a several minutes. This sometimes goes away if I tap the top of the amp (Fonzie style).

The old ones look bullet-proof.

Mike

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification