The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Dude, it's a Taylor with a lifetime warranty. It's a warranty issue call Taylor and send it to them and they will fix it. You don't need to know how to make truss rods or about Loctite. You to know Taylors Customer Service number.
Taylors are only warranted to the original owner.

Quote:
I have a 5 year old Taylor GS5 that I bought very lightly used
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 PM

If it still has the warranty card fill it out and send it in. If not go on line and register the guitar. It at the most a year old when he bought it. They came out
with the GS in 2006. It's a warranty issue. I bought my GS8 in 2006. Call Taylor
and tell them the problem. I haven't read anything else anyone has written that would help. People have written a bunch of stuff. Call Taylor they WILL HELP YOU!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I haven't read anything else anyone has written that would help.
In my first few posts, I advised oiling the threads. This ain't my first rodeo, and believe me, it will help.
Thanks to certain other posters, this thread turned into a general discussion about truss rods, most of which did not apply to the guitar in question.

Quote:
People have written a bunch of stuff.
True, and at least one is advising warranty fraud.

Last edited by John Arnold; 01-02-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM

[QUOTE=badbazil;3299437] You don't need to know how to make truss
rods or about Locktite. QUOTE]

That sounds like really bad advice to me. The way that it was explained to me was, the more you know about something, the better off you are going to be. So if you spend 10K on an Olson and only 20 years down the road the truss rod is getting sketchy in it? I don't think that you are getting the best bang for your buck. I consider a 20 year old guitar to be brand new. It hasn't even hit the legal drinking age yet.

So what kind of truss rod system does he have in the guitar that he is selling for 40K? How dependable is it? How much is it going to cost to fix it if it quits working? Anyone?

More then once I have seen someone buy a used guitar cheap, sometimes a new one, thinking that they were going to cut a fat hog in the hind end, by jumping over a dollar to save a dime. Only to find out later that the restoration work, to keep the thing up and running, ain't gonna' be free.

Knowledge is power.

Glen

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair