The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-14-2016, 06:27 PM

Thumbs down

Ok time to close this thread thanks for everyone's insight it's snice to share ideas

My new used IO-42 has arrived .

Lexicon had issues with the Ionix name can't remember which audio company sonething about mixers comes to mind anywho Lexicon revamped the units preamps . When I bought the old unit the Ionix U42S it was during the transition change so no new units or info to be had lexicon just did not say anything at least no one even lexicon could or would say what was up just that they discontinued the u42s.

Ok so the u42s to me was pretty darn good especially for the price with I bought used for 150 . The preamps where on the weak side gain wise so for me to get good levels I needed to be at 2-3 O'clock on the knobs .

2 on the dial is where the preamps started pumping noise so preamps where needed . Other then that the unit was great you really can't ask for a more ergonomicly friendly unit if I can say it like that .

Having the unit fit perfectly under my monitor within easy reach along with the only cable to mess with being the headphone cable I can't complain . The unit still can be improved though .

Ok so after a quick hookup and test the IO-42 which is a 2012 model I think they brought them back in 2011 man time passes fast I still feel Like I did not have the Ionix u42s that long .....

Anyway she fired right up and the clarity was eye opening lol . I can crack the gain to 9 before you here any line noise and even then it's low . The headphone volumes are even better as well and meter lights for they what are respond more accurately .

I hope to record this weekend or as soon as I can get some alone time then I know for sure .

So I went on a bit but figure someone might enjoy the read lol

The best part of it of coarse was O noise when I turned it on so no doubts about the unit being the bad guy .

Thanks again for the trouble shooting tips .

-----------
Acoustics,
Ben Wilborn Gloria
Breedlove Ed Gerhard signature master class jumbo
Blueridge BR180A
Blueridge BR 283A
Blueridge BR180-12
Guild F212XLCE
Guild CV-1
Guild CO-2CE
Recording king RO-328
-----------

Last edited by Riakstonic; 01-14-2016 at 06:35 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD