The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-23-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Is this too good to be true? Amp question

Now, I've been reading all the threads having to deal with acoustic amps, as I am looking for either an amp or small PA to use for the coffeehouse performances I have scheduled. I had narrowed my search to the two usual suspects (Ultrasound and Genz Benz); however, after seeing this post on ebay my mind has changed. Is this too good to be true!?!? I was excited as soon as I saw the post but I almost jumped out of my skin after reading the description!!! Unless I am told it's a bad idea, I am going to pull the trigger on this one ASAP!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Esteban-15-watt-...QQcmdZViewItem

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Rainsong H-DR1100N2 FS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...45#post7101945
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800
Old 12-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Uh.... Define "good". It's true, but I think it's pretty believable. Esteban stuff kinda sucks...really bad. Just my opinion, though.
Gibson CL-20
Gibson J-45
Washburn J52SW
Peavey Aberdeen
Old 12-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Really??? I thought for sure the fellow AGFer's would be as excited as I was when hearing about this "deal of the year".

*Insert sarcastic look*

Ok, just so I don't get lynched, I was only being sarcastic. I thought the listing was hilarious. Please know that I was not being serious in any way. Besides, I don't care how nice or how much I love my Esteban guitar is, I would NEVER put my faith in one of his amps. My Esteban deserves the best acoustic amp I can find.

Saville OM - Adi/EIR
Rainsong H-DR1100N2 FS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...45#post7101945
Yamaha AC3M
Yamaha FS800
Old 12-23-2007, 02:12 PM

What's that in the sky? It's a bird. It's a plane. No, wait, it's your sarcasm going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my head. I read your post, then I checked the link, and I thought "Is this guy [expletive] kidding me?" Wow. This is a double whammy- a good joke by you, and another by me not getting it. That description was pretty hilarious, I must say. I especially like the part-

"Citizens of this politically Corrupt and Bandito infested land, what do you think of that? Why my friends its almost the Crime of the Century. It's enough to make your blood boil on a frosty Winter day. In past times, such a dasterly deed would have been enough to get someone hung, shot or both. At the very least it is worthy of Tar Feathery."
Gibson CL-20
Gibson J-45
Washburn J52SW
Peavey Aberdeen
Old 12-23-2007, 02:12 PM

As we all know, the Esteban stuff is pretty bad. Stocking stuffer kinda stuff. He's not a jerk though from what I hear...just a guy trying to make a buck and I do think you get what you pay for. The prices are very cheap and that's what'cha get: a very cheap guitar...a very cheap amp...etc.

I got a big kick out of watching him demo his electric guitar and amp on TV. He stomped on the foot switch for the built in fuzz and played a few rock licks that he was clearly uncomfortable with and remarked: "There ya go...makes your guitar sound like a ZIPPER!" LOL!

Lew
Old 12-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Default lol

No thanks.
15 solid-state watt amps "stink", no matter whose name is on the front.
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddcee81 View Post

Really??? I thought for sure the fellow AGFer's would be as excited as I was when hearing about this "deal of the year".

*Insert sarcastic look*
Match that wonderful amp with the $2300 314ce that was on auction a day ago and you get the two best deals a gear head could ever want.

Nelson

2002 514ce
2003 414ce Ltd
2014 150e
2010 Fender Strat
2017 Les Paul Custom

Old 12-24-2007, 07:45 AM

I should get that just for collector value alone...
Old 12-24-2007, 09:24 AM

Feeling that we have a duty to our fellow guitarists (or just looking for an excuse to make a video) some of us have banded together and are offfering demos, comments, and unrelated thoughts on Estebans. We are sending one Esteban guitar around the country to different participants. So far we have videos from Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois. This guitar will make it as far west as California, down to Florida, and up to ... Ok, I'm not sure about the Northeast. Anyway, new participants are encouraged to sign up.

The link below will take you to the official site of the ESTEBAN WORLD TOUR

http://estebanworldtour.blogspot.com/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification