The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 02-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Arrow SOLD! -Taylor Custom 914ce Cocobolo

For your consideration a beautiful 2014 Taylor Custom 914ce Cocobolo Grand Auditorium with ES2. I have an upcoming custom built guitar and would like to partially offset the cost with the sale of one of my guitars.

SOLD + shipping and pp fees if applicable, or best offer. Local pickup is available if you would like to try before you buy.

This Taylor Custom 914ce was one of a short run of 50 "Custom" 900 series guitars that Taylor built in 2014 using Cocobolo back and sides remaining from their Presentation Series builds and offered to a few select Taylor dealers.

In addition to the substitution of cocobolo back and sides the guitar also has a bone nut & saddle (Taylor now uses tusque nut and micarta saddle). This batch of Customs was also an early adopter of Taylor's current ES2 system, and also features select green abalone trim on the top. The rest of the appointments, CV bracing with relief rout, Cindy fret board inlay, ebony binding and Gotoh 510 tuning machines were all standard to 2014 900 series specs.

In addition to the visual appeal, the guitar also sounds very good unplugged and through an acoustic amp or PA. The sitka spruce top has some lovely silking and is very responsive to a light touch for fingerstyle playing and also handles medium to even aggressive strumming without being overdriven.

Another after market upgrade - I installed a set of custom tooled cocobolo wood tuner knobs from Charis Acoustic, luthier Bill Wise made especially for the Gotoh 510 tuners. The original antique gold knobs will also be included in the case pocket and can be switched out in minutes.

The naturally occuring darker grain line to the right of the sound hole is just that, there are no cracks or any structural issues. Both the Custom 914ce and Taylor deluxe case are in excellent condition!

Here are some additional specs not already mentioned above:

Scale length: 25.5"

Nut width: 1.75"

String spacing at saddle: 2.25"

Thanks for looking...now let me hear from you!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 02-16-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Sold!
Old 02-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Default Taylor Custom 914ce Cocobolo

I am willing to consider partial trades with a considerable cash component. It doesn't hurt to ask. Email for quickest response

Old 02-15-2018, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Default Taylor Custom 914ce Cocobolo

Bump it up for a sweet Cocobolo 914ce Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars