The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM

Default Stagg Amps

Hello. I'm looking for an affordable amp. I have been looking at the Fishman Loudbox series, but while searching I ran into the Stagg 40. It has a real spring reverb and sounds good on the limited videos I could find. It has great reviews and the community is shushing each other to keep prices down.

My question is do any of you have experience with these amps? How do they stack up to the Fishmans? I would love to try one, but haven't seen em around here.

Thanks

I play a Taylor 214 deluxe with the expression 2 system. Looking for a solution for vocals and guitar for small-med stuff.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:16 PM

I am not familiar with them. Definitely a budget item. It has parametric mids which is a great option to have and I really like spring reverb. Once someone comes on here and gives it a good review it would definitely be worth the risk for the money. I know I am not risking my money so I am okay if you take the risk. :-)
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 03-21-2017, 12:19 AM

Heya Vancebo
I wish I was the risk taking sort. I think there are certainly companies out there that make ridiculously good products at low pricepoints because they are in the process of building their brand. This looks like it could be one of those types of situations. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger until I talk with somebody in the know though..lol... I'm a chicken. The Loudbox is wonderful, but almost 2 x the price for similar model. I may just go for that and eat the loss though.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:26 AM

A couple quick observations: There are no separate eq and reverb controls for each channel. There is no DI out or line out. This may or may not matter to you. You could try it out and, if you don't like it, return it. You would be risking the cost of shipping.
Epiphone Dot
Old 03-21-2017, 07:27 AM

It may be worth waitig for a review. That parametric eq will be helpful to you with that ES2. The mid control on most amps are fixed at a spot to help piezos that have a quack problem. (Somewhere around 1k-1.7khz). The ES2 IMO needs a dip in another frequency range (400-800hz). Having that adjustable mid point is very helpful for the various pickups out there plus the Spring Reverb is cool. Bottom line, the risk might be worth it.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful
Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Hi folks,

you can get Stagg easily here in Germany. Guitars, amps, effects, cases and stuff like picks and capos. Itīs always cheap - as well in sense of price as in sense of quality.

I use a Stagg case. If I have to improve stability, I only have to buy some Tupperware - which is more solid...

To cut a long story (well, not really long) short: Do not.

cu

erniecaster
Old 03-21-2017, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the great feedback guys. I think I'm going to go another route. Played a used Roland AC-60 today that was pretty nice, and the fishman still has my attention.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:55 PM

Don't forget the Bugera AC50 $250 (8in)
Fenders New Acousticsonic 40 $199 (2-6.5's)
Old 03-21-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Don't forget the Bugera AC50 $250 (8in)
Fenders New Acousticsonic 40 $199 (2-6.5's)
That Bugera seems pretty exceptional... I guess I should have just started a thread that posed the question: What makes the Fishman Loudbox Artist worth it's price point, and what specific amps compete directly with Fishman for quality but are sold at a lower pricepoint?

I'm off to research Bugera's now!
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM

I had one, it's loud 15lbs and sounded great acoustically and vocally , I'm not and expert or a conisuur of tone but I liked it alot the only reason I sold it was to pay off some guitar purchases

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelETC View Post
That Bugera seems pretty exceptional... I guess I should have just started a thread that posed the question: What makes the Fishman Loudbox Artist worth it's price point, and what specific amps compete directly with Fishman for quality but are sold at a lower pricepoint?

I'm off to research Bugera's now!

Bulgera is part of the music group of companies. They make a decent value priced product good for home / light use. Good enough for most users. Buy for a shop with a return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-21-2017, 06:15 PM

I settled on the used Roland ac60.. it sounded really good, and had the phantom powered mic option at 299.00 + it has pretty good reviews from folks. I can return it within 45 days if I run into a problem or just decide its not for me.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:00 PM

Good grab....

I've got my eyes on the new Fender Acoustisonic's 40-100-200( I think)
the 100-200 are bluetooth enabled...which is nice...Also the New Boss amps look good..but a little pricey for my non-gigging days..

Right now I'm just using a Kustom PA-50 for all my sound needs.. which isn't much so it sub's for a TV speaker for my flat screen .. those darn flat screens have lame speakers pointing out the back or straight down...stupid

But I've been tempted for the Fender Acousticsonic 40 with the two 6.5 speakers.. for $199, but I'm not gigging..so the Kustom makes more sense for me..
Old 03-21-2017, 07:26 PM

Roland makes a nice amp. I was considering one for a while.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Roland makes a nice amp. I was considering one for a while.

I think it stacks up well with the Fishman I was looking at, and it's cheaper. Gonna use it to rock the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe just a coffee shop..but w/e

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification