The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-27-2016, 08:07 AM

Friday night the Pens get blown out by the Wild 6-2. Last night the Pens beat the Devils 4-3 in a shootout in a game which they totally dominated (the Devils goalie faced almost 50 shots and was fantastic keeping them in the game). I have no idea why the Pens have been so inconsistent lately.

The only thing for certain is that Sidney Crosby is currently playing at a level very few players ever attain. He scored the game tying goal (his league leading 15th) against the Devils with 14 seconds left in the game on a backhand shot that was unbelievable. Sid leads the NHL in goals by 3 over the next closest players despite the fact that he's played in fewer games than any of the other leaders.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-27-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Friday night the Pens get blown out by the Wild 6-2. Last night the Pens beat the Devils 4-3 in a shootout in a game which they totally dominated (the Devils goalie faced almost 50 shots and was fantastic keeping them in the game). I have no idea why the Pens have been so inconsistent lately.

The only thing for certain is that Sidney Crosby is currently playing at a level very few players ever attain. He scored the game tying goal (his league leading 15th) against the Devils with 14 seconds left in the game on a backhand shot that was unbelievable. Sid leads the NHL in goals by 3 over the next closest players despite the fact that he's played in fewer games than any of the other leaders.
The Pens are either dominating teams or being dominated. Strange. I watched the highlight this morning of Crosby scoring with 14 seconds left. That's 2 points that they almost lost out on.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:09 PM

Sitting down for some Hockey Night in Canada. My Bruins already won today, the Pens are getting ready to play (I don't have that game here) and the Leafs/Canucks are getting ready for the puck to drop.

Anyone watching?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I have the NHL Center Ice package. I'm watching the Sens vs Panthers, and bouncing occasionally to the Leafs vs Canucks. Ottawa is doing very well. They're buying into and executing Guy Boucher and Mark Crawford's system, and are also starting to generate some good offence, which they have the firepower to get the job done.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Pens are down to the Wings 3-1 after 2 periods. Wings are skating well and their goalie has been very tough. So far the pre-game festivities with most of the Pens '91 and '92 Cup winning team members being honored and in attendance has been the highlight of my evening. Wow! Paul Coffey looks like he could lace up the skates and play the third period tonight for the Pens.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-04-2016, 06:32 AM

The Pens come back in the third period to beat the Wings 5-3! Holy smoke, that is now the 5th time this year that the Pens have come from being down by 2 goals in a game to win! I suppose it would be better if they wouldn't allow themselves to get behind in the first place but it sure makes for an exciting game to watch.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 AM

I'm only partly sorry I missed the Pens game last night. I actually got engrossed in the Penn State/Wisconsin game last night and don't regret it a bit. Did the PK improve any? How about the D?

I'm excited for tomorrow's game; my wife won tickets from a raffle in work and we're taking my 9yo down to the arena. He's probably not going to be into it but it's my first time going to a game. I hope it's at least partly kid-friendly.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
I'm only partly sorry I missed the Pens game last night. I actually got engrossed in the Penn State/Wisconsin game last night and don't regret it a bit. Did the PK improve any? How about the D?

I'm excited for tomorrow's game; my wife won tickets from a raffle in work and we're taking my 9yo down to the arena. He's probably not going to be into it but it's my first time going to a game. I hope it's at least partly kid-friendly.
I saw the Penn State/Wisconsin score this morning. After the Pens game my wife and I (both PSU grads but not really football fans) checked the score of the football game and saw that it was 28-7 in favor of Wisconsin. Must have been as fine a comeback for Penn State as it was for the Pens!

Nice to hear that you've scored tickets for Monday's Pens' game. It should be a good one. Ottawa is having a better season than most expected. Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson is one of the most exciting players in the NHL and the Sens have been hot lately. As for the PPG Paints Arena it is from my experience there a very kid and family friendly place with a great atmosphere. Just be sure to bundle up as it's pretty cold in the building even with a sellout crowd. Hope you have a great time and bring back a Pens win!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-04-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
I have the NHL Center Ice package. I'm watching the Sens vs Panthers, and bouncing occasionally to the Leafs vs Canucks. Ottawa is doing very well. They're buying into and executing Guy Boucher and Mark Crawford's system, and are also starting to generate some good offence, which they have the firepower to get the job done.
Great package to have, Tom. There was some good hockey last night and as usual Don Cherry was entertaining.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I saw the Penn State/Wisconsin score this morning. After the Pens game my wife and I (both PSU grads but not really football fans) checked the score of the football game and saw that it was 28-7 in favor of Wisconsin. Must have been as fine a comeback for Penn State as it was for the Pens!
It certainly was! PSU began to turn it around late in the 2nd quarter, scored twice in the 3rd and never looked back. There was some truly some stunning plays.

Quote:
Nice to hear that you've scored tickets for Monday's Pens' game. It should be a good one. Ottawa is having a better season than most expected. Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson is one of the most exciting players in the NHL and the Sens have been hot lately. As for the PPG Paints Arena it is from my experience there a very kid and family friendly place with a great atmosphere. Just be sure to bundle up as it's pretty cold in the building even with a sellout crowd. Hope you have a great time and bring back a Pens win!
Good to know. It's gotten chilly up here in da Burgh and my little guy has been spoiled not having to wear his winter coat. We gave him a primer last night with a trip to Kennywood to see the park all lit up for the holidays. I'm hoping it's at least a little warmer inside the arena. In the meantime, my wife has just headed out to do some Xmas shopping and I instructed to jump on any affordable swag for us.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:44 AM

Pens beat the Sens 8-5 in a wild and wooley one!! Looked like a track meet at times.

Kwakatak, I envy you being at that one. Hope you and family had a good time and brought a spare cap to toss onto the ice when Bryan Rust scored his hat trick.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-06-2016, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up Pens play time

[QUOTE=catdaddy;5147335]The Pens come back in the third period to beat the Wings 5-3! Holy smoke, that is now the 5th time this year that the Pens have come from being down by 2 goals in a game to win! I suppose it would be better if they wouldn't allow themselves to get behind in the first place but it sure makes for an exciting game to watch.[/

Remember.....this was the Wings, "no defense" they played

and Holy Hockey Puck!!!! Who are these Rangers?
Old 12-07-2016, 09:30 AM

Laine (Winnipeg) is having an outstanding rookie year. He's now tied with Crosby for the goal league and has 25 points too. Exciting year for the league's young guns.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Pens beat the Sens 8-5 in a wild and wooley one!! Looked like a track meet at times.

Kwakatak, I envy you being at that one. Hope you and family had a good time and brought a spare cap to toss onto the ice when Bryan Rust scored his hat trick.
We couldn't reach the ice:

A hat trick and a penalty shot. Not too bad to witness on MY first Pens game. My 9yo was out of his mind over the crowd's excitement.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Oh Oilers....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic