The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-25-2017, 10:09 AM

Glad to hear you like your Tascam. I've listened to some previews of your tracks and you sound very good so keep it up and make music.

There is a simple reference to 16 vs 24 bit:

http://www.homestudiocorner.com/24-bit-vs-16-bit/
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 03-26-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
Glad to hear you like your Tascam. I've listened to some previews of your tracks and you sound very good so keep it up and make music. There is a simple reference to 16 vs 24 bit: http://www.homestudiocorner.com/24-bit-vs-16-bit/
Thanks very much!

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 04-20-2017, 10:44 AM

Just in case anyone cares, I did order and work with the Tascam DP03 for a week or so, but I was actually surprised to find out that it was -- just as I thought I wanted -- very simple, but almost too simple -- or maybe limited for what I want to do. Very easy to use though, for sure. So my pendulum has now swung just a bit back in the other direction -- primarily because my other top candidate, the Zoom R8, was so highly regarded and essentially the same price. In using the Tascam, I could immediately see the benefit of having some of the R8's added features -- drum sounds, more control over frequency response, 24-bit recording (which I admit is a very small advantage, but still).... So The Tascam got returned and I should receive the R8 today. I'll report back with any findings, just in case anyone else is in a similar boat... or bus... or roller-coaster....

The saga continues!

-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 04-20-2017, 11:40 AM

Let us know how much you like your R8. As far as I know it is easier to transfer the recorded tracks to a computer DAW if you want to process the recording from there and mix it etc. And it has the drum tracks, 24 bit and more effects.

I looked at one lately in the shops and was surprised at how compact they are.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass
Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
Let us know how much you like your R8. As far as I know it is easier to transfer the recorded tracks to a computer DAW if you want to process the recording from there and mix it etc. And it has the drum tracks, 24 bit and more effects. I looked at one lately in the shops and was surprised at how compact they are.
Will do! But I also got this for being able to NOT have to do the computer interface thing. I'll be doing pretty simple stuff, instrumentation and trackwise, so I'm hoping this will work just fine.

-- visit SeanLewisMusic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD