The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-08-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk314159 View Post
Do you think Healdsburg will revert to being an annual event?

BK
Hard to say. Chris @ LMI will no doubt give that some thought, but it's a pretty big event to co-ordinate. I think the intent was to have alternating coasts to make it more equitable for both builders and attendees. Ideally another east coast show will step up.

-C
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Healdsburg has been a biennial show since the beginning (1993? 1995? I forget since I wasn't there until 1997. Ribbecke and Taggart would know if it matters.) and I doubt that it will change. For one thing, it takes about a year for the staff to recover!

As far as an Eastern show goes, Woodstock is fantastic. Baker has done a great job with it, especially given the small venue and limited local housing. It would be nice if more builders could be accommodated but the smaller size is one of its strengths. It has some of the feel of the original Woodstock in that it's an invitational with a good group of people who work together well. I won't be there this year, alas, but hope and expect to return in 2014. If you can get there (and there isn't a hurricane or early-season snowstorm), it's well worth the trip!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Bummer! I've never attended the show, but I've never hear anything but good things about it. I have a feeling Woodstock is going to be growing pretty quick!

Joel
Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Stehr View Post
Bummer! I've never attended the show, but I've never hear anything but good things about it. I have a feeling Woodstock is going to be growing pretty quick!

Joel

Woodstock has nowhere to grow.

Baker has indeed done a great job, and it is a GREAT time...but they are already bursting at the seams, and there is literally nowhere to go.
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 PM

I'm in shock.

For us people of Quebec that was such a fantastic event ; the Jazz fest + guitar show was a fabulous combo for music lovers.

I know I've had the chance there to talk with Mr.Tellier and Mr.Freeborn, and maybe some others members of this forum.

https://soundcloud.com/user-254253822

http://members.soundclick.com/Jean%2DFrancois+Champoux
Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Man... that is too bad. I LOVE that show. Montreal is probably one of my favorite places in North America, very sad.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
This sad news leaves a vacuum, one that a great new guitar show in Atlanta would fill quite nicely. Anyone? Please??

cotten
Great need and opportunity for new shows now; Atlanta would be ideal. something in the MidWest, too. anybody? I produce the Woodstock NY show; it's very small and we'd like to keep it that way. so many great builders, not enough space or shows. Chris Herrod tells me no way will Healdsburg go annual. Lot of work, lot of heartache, labors of love, and now lots of pressure. somebody help us, please!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop