The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 AM

Default Is my Cordoba C5-CE inner tuner damaged?

When I use the inner tuner, whenever I hit the string, the light flash for a very short time, so short it makes me think there is a problem.

I had another Cordoba before, with the same Fishman tuner, and if I remember right, the tuner's light could flash for at least 4-5 seconds or even more.

I uploaded a video that showing it, so you could tell me whether you think that the tuner is in proper condition or damaged:

https://youtu.be/GH5py8pFe54
Old 01-15-2017, 04:06 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I don't know, but if it's acting weird I'd replace the battery to see if that has any effect. You've probably already done that, but just in case...
Old 01-16-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosland View Post
I don't know, but if it's acting weird I'd replace the battery to see if that has any effect. You've probably already done that, but just in case...
Yes, I already done that a few days ago, and nothing changed.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Well, it was worth a shot! Otherwise, I suppose the question is whether it does the same for all of the strings, and when they're way off pitch as well as on or close to it? I've never used that particular onboard tuner, but for a string that's tuned or close to it the video doesn't give any clear reason to think the tuner isn't working. It might help to see what it does with the other strings and when the high e is well flat or sharp, for comparison. I guess the main issue is whether it gets your strings to the proper pitch or not. Does it seem to be letting you tune effectively? It could be that the newer tech in this particular model (compared to your other one) makes it more precise and therefore faster. I'm just making stuff up, since you haven't had any other replies. Sorry not to be of more use!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:07 PM

I never use the onboard tuner,don`t trust them. I use my Seiko Quartz Guitar Tuner that I`ve had for over 30 years. Works Perfect. Look one up as I use it for ALL my instruments.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:00 PM

The tuner on the Cordoba is pretty good. The battery compartment contacts could be the problem. Make sure the battery is in tight before closing the door otherwise poor contact could be possible.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical