The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM

Default Anyone using Acoustic Guitar magazine's acousti guitar u

I am a big fan of AG magazine and have learned much over the years from it. Now they have a subscription service for video lessons called acoustic guitar u, for $7.99 a month. Has anyone here tried it out? If so, do you think it's better than free stuff you can find online, and the excellent dvd lessons you can buy from Homespun and other sources? I'm also seriously considering lessons again-- as good as video lessons are, the one thing you still don't get is feedback and personalized instruction. If I subscribe to this, I would think of it as a supplement rather than substitute for lessons.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM

OK, a couple weeks back I posted pretty much the same question and got no response. Anyway, I got the impression that this may jsut be a repackaging of the existing lessons offered by the mag. I am keeping an eye on it though as I like the idea and dont have the time available for formal lessons. Another thing that I didnt like about it is that you cant download the lessons. I guess that makes sense but my internet speed aint so hot so I think that is going to be a bit of an issue.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM

Default acoustic guitar u

Yes,if your internet speed isn't good that would be a problem. I have always been impressed by the quality of the lessons in the print magazine as well as the free video lessons on the website. I am thinking I will probably try it out. The first month is free, $7.99 a month isn't bad, and there is no contract. I'll report my experience, and I'm still interested in hearing from others.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 PM

I recently signed up at jamplay. I believe you can do a one week trial with no CC involved.

Anyway, I recently began playing again after a few years off and I've found jamplay to be a great resource and a great alternative to private lessons.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Charter Member

Yes, I like Jamplay...it's helped me quite a bit

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write