The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 PM

Arrow SOLD: Taylor 814ce Tobacco Burst with hard case - immaculate condition

**Sold 8/23/2014**

Up for sale is this immaculate 2011 Taylor 814ce Tobacco Burst acoustic/electric guitar. I am the original owner and custom ordered this from Taylor in 2011. It has been kept in its original hard case in a humidified environment and smoke free house.

There are no imperfections, dings, scratches, etc. anywhere on this guitar. It is in new condition, as if it never left the case. I've tried to take reflection free photos (one of the back photos does have a reflection) so you can see the condition. I play fingerstyle and am anal about taking care of my guitars as you can see.

Of course like any fine guitar tone gets better as it ages and this guitar is no exception. Resin crystallizes, tension equalizes, and you have a better sounding guitar than when you started. So essentially this is better than new, when considering sound and condition.

Comes with completely operational Taylor Expression preamp/microphone sound system.
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars...ression-system

The photos don't nearly do the binding justice - it's curly/figured maple.

Here's the specs for the guitar:
http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars...tic/814ce-2013

Price: I have all recent Ebay auction results for 814ce bursts, and the average is north of $2,000. (I can email PDfs if you can't search for them on Ebay yourself if you like.) Asking $2,150 including shipping. Sorry, not interested in trades.

Will ship in original Taylor box, includes original hard case in new condition and all case candy.

New Photos:

Last edited by Guitarsan; 08-23-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Sold guitar
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 AM

Default Phenominal

Absolutely my favorite guitar. I had one for a couple of years and regret selling it. Wish this one would have surfaced before I bought the 614ce sb.

Someone buy this guitar quickly.

[No affiliation with the seller, well only that we have both owned amazing 814ce sb guitars.]
Pics Of My Guitar Herd
'03 Martin 000-JBP (#64 of 305)
'06 Martin OM-28V
'90 Martin D35 Shadetop (Genuinely Aged)
'19 Martin 00-18V Ambertone (Custom Order)
'11 Taylor T5 Koa Deluxe
Awaiting - PWGC Single 0 Brazilian Shadetop

Live life loud, so when the silence falls, everyone will know that you are gone.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Default pretty..

Here's a "real purdy" guitar bump!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Wow! Stunning! I had an 814 at one point and miss it greatly! If I could find the funds I may be interested.
2014 Taylor 714CE FLTD 2014 Taylor 150E 2006 Taylor NS54CE Yamaha NTX1200r 2012 EJ200Ce Tobacco Burst Michael Kelly Patriot Custom Eastman MD-615F Ibanez M522S Yamaha CG-100 Classical Luna Guitars Floral Concert Ukulele
Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_dude View Post
Wow! Stunning! I had an 814 at one point and miss it greatly! If I could find the funds I may be interested.
Thanks to all for the comments! I'm getting interest, let me know if you think you might like to buy by PM. She sounds as good as she looks, just need to thin out my herd.

Scott
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 PM

So folks have been asking me why I'm selling and I realized I hadn't said in the post. I just bought an all Koa Taylor model twice as expensive, plus I also own a 12 string, and have two expensive electrics, so this needs to go as slightly redundant. If I was single I'd likely hang on to it, but if you're married, I need say no more!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
for sale, taylor, taylor 814ce