The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 12-04-2017, 06:12 PM

Default Tony Francis Weissenborn

I recently bought a Tony Francis Weissenborn Style 4 from a person in Minnesota. It’s a gorgeous guitar and it sounds magnificent. It came with a Seymour Duncan Magmic. After major adjustments to the pole pieces it sounds truly amazing!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Can you provide a link?

Are you a long-time lap steeler? What genre(s)? I've been intermittently interested in lap steel for about 15 years now, both acoustic and electric, but it's only during the past couple of years that I've got more interested in it than anything else. I have a Gibson prototype kona, it's a bit more cheerful-sounding than most weissenborns, plus I use nut raisers and conversion capos on my resos.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Default Link

I have three albums on Apple Music, iTunes, and Spotify. It’s all lap steel, mostly on a 1927 Style 1 Weissenborn, some on a National Tricone. I use the tricone for the blues songs. My website is www.stephenhoupt.com. Name is Stephen Houpt. I play gigs in Dallas and Taos, New Mexico.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:53 AM

Listening on Spotify now, Stephen. Really nice!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Tags
seymour duncan magmic, tony francis weissenborn, weissenborn