The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-11-2017, 12:56 AM

Default Sigma S00m-18vs all solid 00 12 fret

I notice sigma have released an all solid 00-18vs here:

http://www.sigma-guitars.com/guitars...ion/s00m-18vs/ which looks interesting.

I have a Sigma 00r-28vs which is a fairly reasonable guitar, and I'd like an all solid version. Does anyone know if sigma intend to make these a more permanent offering?
Old 06-11-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post

I have a Sigma 00r-28vs which is a fairly reasonable guitar, and I'd like an all solid version. Does anyone know if sigma intend to make these a more permanent offering?

As I'm sure you noticed, the ad you linked to says it's a limited run of 48 guitars...

Looks like a nice little guitar...if you really like it, it may be wise to grab one now...
Old 06-11-2017, 11:06 PM

Personally, if I were going to spend $1500.00 on a nice 00, Sigma wouldn't be the first brand that comes to mind. I mean, it might be a very nice guitar, but I think I'd be looking at something more of a known quantity, like Martin, Larrivee, Gibson, etc.

Just from the pictures, the top didn't look as nicely silked/quartersawn as any of the Larrivees I've seen, for example. I'm not trashing Sigma here and I've played some nice ones, but these are mass-produced imports and at that price range I would be checking out the aforementioned brands, or looking for a really nice used high-end guitar.

If you actually played one that you just absolutely fell in love with, that's a different story.
Taylor 412K ('96)
Yamaha LL16-12 (SOLD)
PRS 'Studio' (SOLD)
Rickenbacker 660-12 (SOLD)
Fender USA Deluxe Strat
Fender USA Roadhouse Strat
Fender MIM/USA Partscaster
Fender MIM Nashville Tele
Kelsey Custom Hardtail Strat
Fender MIM P-Bass
Old 06-15-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post

Seems to be a lot of confusing about Sigma. They absolutely make all solid wood instruments. Some are limited runs, yes. But all model startin with an S are all solid, for example the SOMR 28V is solid, OM model, rosewood b/s, 28 vintage style.

I revived my Sigma SOMR 45V (OM 45 style) and it's crazy good. The wood used is spectacular and so is the playability and sound. Only thing that isn't perfect is one of the inlays. There's nothing close to it spec wise in that price range.

If you live in Europe Sigmas are very good value, especially if you haggle with the shop. They seem to be much more popular here than in the states. Martin, Larrivee and other US brands cost substantially more in EU than in US.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
0018-vs, 12 fret, s00m-28vs, sigma