The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 10-14-2017, 10:47 AM

Smile Cabinet Building

Hello everybody, my name is Matteo Baratella, I am from Italy, I am trying to build my first guitar cabinet for the Marshall AVT150H pre-amp head. (150 watt output - impendence 4/8 ohm).

My cabinet is 70 x 70 x 30 cms = 27,5 x 27,5 x 11,8 inches with a thickness of 1,8 cms = 7,08 inches.

My questions concern which speakers to choose. (I would like 12' speakers)
I would like to mix one 12' Celestion and one 12' Jensen speaker.

idunno- Do I have to overcome the watt head output of 150 watts?
So, do I have to buy one 80 watt Celestion and one 80 watt Jensen = 160 watt output cabin power (?)

- Can I mix these two different brands? How can I know which one will not match with the other?

- Do I have to worry about the internal liters of my cabin even if it's an open back cabin? idunno

Thank you for your time
Have a nice day!!
Matteo
Old 10-14-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo Baratell View Post
Hello everybody, my name is Matteo Baratella, I am from Italy, I am trying to build my first guitar cabinet for the Marshall AVT150H pre-amp head. (150 watt output - impendence 4/8 ohm).

My cabinet is 70 x 70 x 30 cms = 27,5 x 27,5 x 11,8 inches with a thickness of 1,8 cms = 7,08 inches.

My questions concern which speakers to choose. (I would like 12' speakers)
I would like to mix one 12' Celestion and one 12' Jensen speaker.

idunno- Do I have to overcome the watt head output of 150 watts?
So, do I have to buy one 80 watt Celestion and one 80 watt Jensen = 160 watt output cabin power (?)

- Can I mix these two different brands? How can I know which one will not match with the other?

- Do I have to worry about the internal liters of my cabin even if it's an open back cabin? idunno

Thank you for your time
Have a nice day!!
Matteo
You should probably post this over in the eletric guitar section of this forum. Look for a guy there called clintj, he builds amps and could probably be of big help.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
You should probably post this over in the eletric guitar section of this forum. Look for a guy there called clintj, he builds amps and could probably be of big help.
Welcome to the AGF, Matteo. We'd prefer you don't double post, but you're more than welcome to contact him by private message. Good luck with the build!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Tags
amplification, cabinet, guitar, speaker