The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 11-16-2014, 03:01 PM

Default Gibson Stage Deluxe LTD ***SOLD***

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skchurc...7649313771061/
Price: ***SOLD***
(No trades, please.)

This listing is for the Gibson Stage Deluxe LTD Acoustic-Electric Guitar 1930's Sunburst. This guitar is limited to 50 by Gibson, and is *very* similar to the Jackson Browne Signature guitar that completed a year or so ago. This is a big guitar in every way–deep body, strong bass, rich yet woody Gibson sound. It is a very unique guitar and a special 12-fretter given it's dimensions:
  • I purchased this guitar on 7/21/2014 from Musician's Friend and have been the only owner of this guitar
  • I have played this guitar quite minimally (there is only some light wear from using a pick on the pickgaurd, otherwise it is in excellent condition like the day I received it)
  • It has been kept in its case and a humidified environment at all times
  • Setup/adjusted when received and upgraded to bone bridge pins (original bridge pins in the case)
  • Gibson Certificate of Authenticity
This guitar sells for $3,999 (at Musician's Friend). Except for some pick wear, there is no other wear/defects on the guitar. It looks beautiful, and of course sounds great.
  • Body Style: J-45 round shoulder
  • Wood: Adirondack red spruce top, mahogany back and sides
  • Neck: Mahogany, classic V-profile with 1.805” bone nut
  • Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 12th fret
  • Binding: Single-ply top and back, multi-ply single-ring rosette
  • Finish: 1930s-style Vintage Sunburst, Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Bracing: Advanced 1930s wide X-bracing
  • Fingerboard: 12” radius rosewood with mother-of-pearl dot inlay
  • Scale: 24 3/4” short
  • Bridge: Rosewood, open-slot rectangle with mother-of-pearl dot inlay, Tusq saddle
  • Pickguard: Traditional AJ-style firestripe
  • Tuning Machines: Waverly nickel ivoroid, 15:1
  • Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
  • Electronics: TranceAudio Amulet M
  • 100% American-made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
If you have any questions about this guitar, please feel free to ask them as I am always happy to talk about guitars :-) I am selling this guitar to help offset the cost of a custom order on another guitar. If you are local to me (Broomfield, CO) you are welcome to pick it up, and I am happy to ship to anywhere in the continental United States - *No* International Sales, please.

***SOLD***
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)

Last edited by schurch; 11-30-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: ***SOLD***
Old 11-16-2014, 11:31 PM

This is an amazing guitar. It's tops on my list, but in the middle of a home purchase, might be tough...But to tempt myself, (1) any chance you can post a sound clip or youtube video? and (2) looks like the neck is V-shaped; is it a hard V? Thx in advance.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:01 AM

@MD1983: Thanks for the reply...a house is a really big purchase, and I can see why now might not be the right time for you.

1: I don't really have a great setup for recording, and am worried I won't represent it well enough in my recording or playing technique, but I will see if I can put something reasonable together in the next day or two. In the meantime, I think this guitar is nearly identical to the Jackson Browne Signature, so the YouTube recordings of that will give you a very good idea of this. I was actually turned onto this model by a fellow forum member who actually preferred this model over the JB because of the Mahogany back and sides (as opposed to Walnut). I would say that, and a few cosmetic differences are the only real differences between these two models. I do think the Mahogany gives it a bit more traditional "Gibson" sound (e.g. woody, direct, thumpy, dry-ish) compared to the Walnut on the JB which is more "piano like" (as they describe on the Gibson website).

2: I would say the V is very similar to my Martin D-28 1937 Authentic. It's not a thin profile, but the "V" itself is countered/rounded enough to make it very playable. I don't like really thin neck profiles, so this is something I have enjoyed on these models.
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)
Old 11-22-2014, 12:27 PM

Still got my eye on this...What custom are you getting built?
Old 11-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Beautiful guitar! Coincidentally, I am also in the process of buying a house (we close next week) so additional guitars are out of the question for the time being, but good luck with your sale!
Old 11-22-2014, 02:18 PM

@MD1983: I am still working with Tom at Redwood Acoustics, but I think I have it narrowed down to a couple of options, it's just a matter of cost vs. dreaming up specs (as always):

Option 1
Bourgeois
JOM-Vintage Style (No Cutaway)
(Add) Hot Hide Glue Construction
(Change) Short Scale (Instead of 25.5”)
(Change) 1 3/4” Nut Width
(Standard) Adirondack Spruce Top
(Change) No Vintage-Style Top Toner
(Change) Walnut Back and Sides (Instead of Indian Rosewood) with or without sapwood like photo from Tom
(Change) Flamed Maple Neck stained to match Walnut back and sides
(Change) Walnut Headstock Veneer to Match Back and Sides (Instead of Rosewood)
(Change) Ivoroid Fretboard Binding (Instead of Black)
(Add) Ivoroid Headstock Binding (Instead of None)
(Change) Redwood Acoustics Custom Purfling Front and Back (No Purfling on Fretboard and Headstock) (Ebony/Maple Strips) (Instead of Herringbone)
(Change) No Fretboard Inlays (Instead of Squares and Diamonds)
(Change) Wood Rosette (Instead of B/W) *Whatever Dana feels best compliments the Walnut back and sides
(Change) All Gloss Finish (Including Body, Neck, and Headstock) (Instead of Natural/Satin)
(Change) Custom Tor-Tis Pickgaurd
(Standard) Nickel Waverly Tuners

Option 2
Bourgeois
JOM-Vintage Style (No Cutaway)
(Add) Hot Hide Glue Construction
(Change) Short Scale (Instead of 25.5”)
(Change) 1 3/4” Nut Width
(Standard) Adirondack Spruce Top
(Change) No Vintage-Style Top Toner
(Change) Cocobolo (Instead of Indian Rosewood) with or without sapwood
(Change) Cocobolo Headstock Veneer to Match Back and Sides (Instead of Rosewood)
(Change) Wood Binding Body, Neck, and Head Binding *Whatever Dana feels best compliments the Cocobolo back and sides
(Change) Black/Maple w/ Back & Side (No Purfling on Fretboard and Headstock) (Instead of Herringbone)
(Change) No Fretboard Inlays (Instead of Squares and Diamonds)
(Change) Wood Rosette (Instead of B/W) *Whatever Dana feels best compliments the Cocbolo back and sides
(Change) All Gloss Finish (Including Body, Neck, and Headstock) (Instead of Natural/Satin)
(Change) Custom Tor-Tis Pickgaurd
(Standard) Nickel Waverly Tuners

Cheers,
Scott
Old 11-22-2014, 02:20 PM

@TheIntermediate: Wow, it must be a great time to by a home :-) I have this up on eBay as well, I figure with "Black Friday" coming it's a great time to sell a couple of them (to help finance that Bourgeois). Congrats on the new house!
Old 11-27-2014, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Great bargain! If I did not already have the Jackson Browne, I'd swoop this up. Good luck with the sale.
1944 Gibson LG-2; 2011 Gibson Advanced Jumbo Short Scale; Baxendale 1940’s Gene Autry Melody Ranch (H610); 1985 Guild G45 (Hank Williams Jr. Signature); 1986 Martin D-16K; 2018 Fairbanks Kalamazoo Gal Tribute Southern Jumbo; 1974 Martin D-35; and a CA Cargo.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:57 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nid2007 View Post
Great bargain! If I did not already have the Jackson Browne, I'd swoop this up. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Nid2007. Yeah, having both of the Jackson Browne models makes having this one a little excessive, even as good as this one is. They all play/feel exactly the same, and I think there isn't as much difference between the Walnut and Mahogany, except the Mahogany is a bit drier/thumpier (which can be cool). Once I added the SCGC D-12 and H&D CM-12, which are completely different beasts of 12-frets, I felt my 12-fret gas had been quenched :-)

This particular guitar (like the Jackson Browne's) sure are fun though, and do have some kind of magical character when I play them!

Cheers,
Scott

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
12 fret, deluxe, gibson, jackson browne, stage