The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-01-2017, 08:15 PM

I'm getting crazy-long battery life on the 8 Plus compared to the 6S--even when the latter was updated to iOS 11.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:08 AM

I’ve just installed iOS 11.01 on this here iPad. All seems OK so far.

Everything still works and apparently the camera has been enhanced in some way (?)
I think I read that somewhere ,,,, seems the same to me...

Anyhoo,,, it works.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Angry Nuisance problem noticed

I have got a cheap knock off non-Apple connector that hooks the iPad lightning port to an HDMI cable and mirrors everything to the big TV,

Doesn’t work anymore .....

I’m not going to revert to OS 10 though.
I guess I’ll have to cough for one of those wireless Apple TV boxes, so darned pricey though, like 3 or 4 times what a Chromecast costs.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
I have got a cheap knock off non-Apple connector that hooks the iPad lightning port to an HDMI cable and mirrors everything to the big TV,

Doesn’t work anymore .....

I’m not going to revert to OS 10 though.
I guess I’ll have to cough for one of those wireless Apple TV boxes, so darned pricey though, like 3 or 4 times what a Chromecast costs.
Ours - Apple TV - is an older generation but we also have a Roku. Yeah, it was more but it's always had easier use and remained a decent product with age. If they're close in price I think we'd replace it. We don't have cable TV and are not big TV watchers so that might be what makes it worth it, or why some also hate the product.

FWIW, I did the 11.0.2 update but also noticed creep with apps using background refresh so my battery life curiosity and concern could be changing phone settings a much as the update.

I did not see a watch OS update.

FYI: The ability to toggle your radio connections fast that some are calling a bug is something I really like. People who don't know that should remember it if they find data is not working.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:49 AM

I'm torn.

Should I upgrade now, or wait for the prompt ?

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 10-04-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
Ours - Apple TV - is an older generation but we also have a Roku. Yeah, it was more but it's always had easier use and remained a decent product with age. If they're close in price I think we'd replace it. We don't have cable TV and are not big TV watchers so that might be what makes it worth it, or why some also hate the product.
When I think about it , it is mostly Tube content that I want to cast to my big screen/speakers. I can actually get that direct on the TV itself without any extra attachments !
But it is much slower and more clunky to search and select on my (few years old now) Sony set , than using the iPad.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:05 PM

A problem has just popped up. With the upgrade to iOS 11 on our phones, we discovered that some of our Cloud connections broke. We now have version incompatibilities between Numbers/Pages documents stored on the Cloud and identical versions on our computers. When we upgraded to El Capitan on our computers, we neglected to update Numbers/Pages/etc at the same time. Now, it's too late, and our computers are too old to accept Sierra, much less High Sierra. We're going to have to upgrade our desktops to get all the platforms talking to each other again. I'm not looking forward to this.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:50 AM

The paranoid or concerned might want to know the desktop and mobile releases are now all at .1 with issues some have had fixed.

Sorry that I don't have time to type more but it's really cold and challenging now that I've been sleeping outside the Apple Store for 3 days to get my iPhone X - I'm absolutely kidding.

P.S. The one place where I've noticed fixes is my Apple Watch. That's battery life and heart rate for my sports app. The watch software improvements and new sports loop bands are great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic