The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Default Roland Street Cube, personal sound reinforcement.

Anyone ever try the Roland Street Cube, I recently tried one of these and really enjoyed using it. Seems like a great portable amp (can run on batteries) for practice and small rooms. 2 inputs, works well with guitar and XLR input for mic. Had good sound and volume for a portable amp. Curious if anyone has tried one of these, or if anyone has ever tried a Kustom Profile 2 pa system. Both are affordable systems that I am interested in. Your thoughts are welcome.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfuzzard View Post
Anyone ever try the Roland Street Cube, I recently tried one of these and really enjoyed using it. Seems like a great portable amp (can run on batteries) for practice and small rooms. 2 inputs, works well with guitar and XLR input for mic. Had good sound and volume for a portable amp. Curious if anyone has tried one of these, or if anyone has ever tried a Kustom Profile 2 pa system. Both are affordable systems that I am interested in. Your thoughts are welcome.
I prefer the Mobile Cube myself - I found the SC to color my sound somewhat, even att clean settings. I think the MC is much more FRFR...
And the MC works great on a mic stand (tabletop or otherwise)....
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 PM

I sell them all the time. Personally I prefer the Roland Cube 60 but the street cube isn't bad, thing is though for acoustics going through it you have to crank it to almost distortion level to be heard adequately enough for more than say 20 people in an outdoor environment

Formerly known as, "Will Kirk"
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 PM

I tried one (Roland Street Cube) at a local music store. I was looking for something under $250. for a friend who occasionally does some busking. Turned it on,,,,,, and immediately walked away. Just dreadful in my opinion. Looked at a small Crate (Taos?) and thought that was 10x better sounding.

Bob
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Another alternative: the Vox DA-5; and if you replace the speaker with a Jensen Mod 6-15, it sounds even better....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification