The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-03-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedlife417 View Post

What kind of job allows you to visit AGF? Is your boss cool with it, or do you have to hide it?
I'm a self-employed private music lesson instructor. That makes me the boss. I do want ever I want, but I won't surf during lessons.

Not sure what my staff does during work, my Bride is office manager, my security department consists of Cosmo The Wonder Dog and Otis The Other Dog, rodent control is managed by George Armstrong Cat. It wouldn't surprise me if all they do is lounge around in front of the TV while I work.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:59 AM

Usually when I first get to work and at lunch. I work in higher ed but in the facilities dept. We're in between projects right now so slow.

I'm a new guitar player (using that term loosely ) and am looking for anything I can learn about the instrument and playing.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Default How Many People Surf AGF While at Work? Gotcha!

I have noticed this also and is the same on TDPRI.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 AM
AGF Administrator

Off and on during down times and while on conference calls.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

I am frequently on while at work, but there are plenty of times where it's so busy I can't even eat lunch; therfore when it's slow and there's no one in the ER I have to keep myself busy somehow, and of course the bosses don't care because I have to be there even if the place is empty.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedlife417 View Post
Redir:

Actually, I'll keep this vague so as not to reveal my secret identity (Geesh, I sound like Bruce Wayne). My guess is that your wife might be teaching at a four year university, where they drive you crazy with all kinds of BS committees, etc., but perhaps I'm wrong?

Anyway, I'm a fully tenured English prof at a two-year community college. I've been here about 10 years. Anyway, in English the teaching model (and the research backing it up) has moved from dragging piles of essays home and marking them endlessly to a conferencing model. I teach mostly pass-fail sections and just tell students to come and see me if they have questions about their papers. The good ones do, the rest don't. Interestingly, my students' pass rates actually went UP when I switched to this approach.

What kind of school and what subject is your wife teaching in?
Yup 4 year research institution Geology/Forestry/Geography. But she is doing adjunct at the moment which is essentially slave work if you ask me but anyway there is a community college nearby that I worked at years ago and it was focused on education and definitely a better environment.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 AM

I'm self employed and work odd/sporadic hours.

I CANNOT get on the forum during work. I'm a massage therapist and self defense instructor. - just can't be done....

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Guest 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
I CANNOT get on the forum during work. I'm a massage therapist and self defense instructor.
Sometimes we need both of those after a visit to the forum
Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 AM

I own a small business and fortunately can surf when traffic is slow.
-jay
'98 SRV Fender Stratocaster

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion