The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-28-2015, 04:10 PM
G625 mistral-k

Default K & K mini repair install assistance....

The K & K mini on my SJ had one of transducers come loose (the transducer was the one near the high E and B string ) so I used the kit which comes with the mini to reattach the transducer. Now, when it is plugged in, there is very little bass and very strong trebles coming through Fishman Loudbox Mini.

As background, in looking at the set up of the 3 transducers via a mirror, all 3 transducers are in line and equal distance from the bridge pins and evenly spaced from each other underneath the saddle.

Any one have any experience or ideas on how to resolve this issue?
Old 11-28-2015, 04:31 PM

If you didn't prep the spot where it was to be glued by removing the old glue and trying to make the surface flat, that could be your problem. The other could be that it was originally glued in a different location. With the mirror can you see where it was glued prior to coming off? If so then I would suggest that you try to remove the old glue, flatten the surface with some sand paper and then glue it there.
The Old Lady
Goldilocks
Flipper

"Sometimes I play a song I never heard before" Thelonious Monk
Old 11-28-2015, 08:00 PM
G625 mistral-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pennant View Post
If you didn't prep the spot where it was to be glued by removing the old glue and trying to make the surface flat, that could be your problem. The other could be that it was originally glued in a different location. With the mirror can you see where it was glued prior to coming off? If so then I would suggest that you try to remove the old glue, flatten the surface with some sand paper and then glue it there.
IP,

thanks!.... I was either perfect at lining it up on the exact previous mounting spot or there was not much residue from the start. I will do what you suggest and remove it and sand the area and then re-install.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification