The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Boss OD-1 Pedal

I stumbled across a OD-1 yesterday at the pawn shop and bought it today for 80 auzzie or 59 US dollars..

I'm new to the world of pedals but I was told that the OD-1 is sort of a classic in it's own rights..

do any of you own this pedal? How much is it worth in the states or wherever you are from?

I also bought a Japan made Boss Phaser PH-1r
2002 Larrivee LV72KK
2002 Taylor 615ce
2002 Fender Eric Clapton Blackie
2012 Gibson Hummingbird
[email protected]
Old 10-24-2004, 02:28 AM

I guess I have seen new Boss OD-1s go for about $89 here in the States. I think they are a fine sounding pedal.

The Boss PH-1r is the Phaser I have on my pedal board--I've used this one for about 12 years. I replaced a Mutron Phasor--which I loved the sound of, but it was very large and bulky.

Phasing is still one of my favorite effects, and if I were rich I'd have several of these on my pedal board. I like the Mutron and the Boss of course, and I'd have to add an MXR Phase 90 and Phase 100, and Electro-Harmonix Small Stone, too. They all sound VERY different.

Phasing also works well on other instruments like acoustic guitar, sax, Fender Rhodes piano, and voice.

As with any effect, moderate usage is the key to "effective" effects. Use is sparingly, and it becomes tasteful and special. Leaving it on all the time is--BORING!!!

Congrats on the good finds!

Bill

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification