The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-21-2022, 12:46 AM
Charter Member

i remember watching this video before i purchased my LS36, it shows a lot of the tonal palette that the guitar is capable of, and i saw this LL36 video and thought the OP might like to check it out

Old 03-21-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7NationArmy View Post
I play a LL16M and have daydreamed about upgrading to one of these.

However, in my research, I have run across a couple of threads online (not here) that seemed to imply that Yamaha was going to stop the production of these (perhaps due to luthiers retiring). No idea if there is any truth to that.

At least it sounds like Sweetwater is still taking orders for them.
I heard the same at one point somewhere, but that was quite a while ago. I find it hard to believe that a company like Yamaha would not have proper succession planning in place.

I tend to think it is a rumour myself, but it is obviously hard to say for sure. Globally they sell a fair amount of these guitars. I believe they sell most of them outside of North America. They are in the business of making money, so I can’t see them not selling these guitars.
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 06-03-2023, 08:27 AM

Any update on the order? Still on schedule for September? I've thought a lot about the 36, far far out of my price range right now but in a couple/few years maybe I could have set aside enough.
Old 08-05-2023, 09:44 PM

Any updates? I’m considering one as well.
Old 03-20-2024, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancher View Post
Yes, I have seriously considered a Yamaha L series, having played the LL and LS 16, but aside from the bling, what specific quality/build differences lie between the 16 and the 36? I think the 16 is a great value, but never played a 26 or 36 so I cannot compare.

Thx.
I have a LL16....it's a monster now...but i had to pull the frets and level the fingerboard....couldn't get the neck down to below 3mm....hump at the 14th fret. Now it's incredible....but it would have cost me 600.00 or more to put in stainless frets....did it myself. Loudest L series I've played and I play them everytime I see one in a store. Lots of rich bass and treble. Take this to the bank...china is not japan!
Old 03-21-2024, 08:50 AM

My 2022 LJ36 has a perfect setup, one of the easiest guitars to play I've ever owned. Rich tone with good balance, clarity and resonant overtones. It doesn't match the tone of high end guitars on my "dream" list (Santa Cruz, Collings, Huss & Dalton, etc), feeling slightly heavier built with slightly less volume and power in the low end, IMO. But that might be due to its young age, it's almost new still and I play my Breedlove DR Deluxe far more often. The tone I hear on the online videos I can find is a good representation of what I'm hearing from my LJ36 on my lap.

Breedlove Revival DR Deluxe 2009, Jayson Bowerman ...(co-designer Preston Thompson)
Santa Cruz Model F, 1998, Richard Hoover
Yamaha LJ36, 2022, Hiroshi Sakurai
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion