The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-17-2018, 08:00 PM

Default UPS Adventure

In preparation for an overseas trip, I ordered several items from Amazon, scheduled to arrive Wednesday via UPS. When they didn't, I checked UPS Tracking. It showed that my package had been delivered Wednesday morning at 10:00. It wasn't. My wife and I were home then, working out in the front yard, and no UPS truck ventured down our road. So I contacted UPS, and they began an investigation. The next day, they called back to explain that my package had indeed been delivered Wednesday morning at 10 - to a different address, in a different city, and signed for by someone named Wilkes, not Cotten!

So the driver was sent to retrieve my package. Somehow, he did! It showed up today. Yes, the box had been opened and some of its contents evidently dropped, but everything was there, and apparently in good working order.

Wow! Package delivered to the wrong address, in the wrong city, and signed for by someone whose name doesn't remotely resemble mine, and yet, somehow, they worked it out! I'm glad, but Wow!

cotten
Old 03-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
In preparation for an overseas trip, I ordered several items from Amazon, scheduled to arrive Wednesday via UPS. When they didn't, I checked UPS Tracking. It showed that my package had been delivered Wednesday morning at 10:00. It wasn't. My wife and I were home then, working out in the front yard, and no UPS truck ventured down our road. So I contacted UPS, and they began an investigation. The next day, they called back to explain that my package had indeed been delivered Wednesday morning at 10 - to a different address, in a different city, and signed for by someone named Wilkes, not Cotten!

So the driver was sent to retrieve my package. Somehow, he did! It showed up today. Yes, the box had been opened and some of its contents evidently dropped, but everything was there, and apparently in good working order.

Wow! Package delivered to the wrong address, in the wrong city, and signed for by someone whose name doesn't remotely resemble mine, and yet, somehow, they worked it out! I'm glad, but Wow!

cotten
This is rather unsettling, considering how many medications are being delivered via these services such as UPS and FEDEX.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-17-2018, 08:10 PM

Yes, indeed, though in my case it wasn't even a guitar. So to speak.

cotten
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

Yeh, I’d say this represents a very big “WOW” on the incompetent delivery person scale....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 03-18-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Yeh, I’d say this represents a very big “WOW” on the incompetent delivery person scale....
Not to mention the "WOW" of someone who wasn't expecting a package, a package that they didn't order, that was addressed to someone else, that was obviously a delivery error, first accepting!...and then opening!...the package.

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:26 AM

Glad it worked out. Vandals have attacked my mail box three times this month. Since I am a EBay and Amazon user, it is unsettling.

On a related note, when I send packages to my daughter's family in Alabama the packages are left in the rain or at the neighbors house. If I get a notice of delivery and they cannot find, it usually at the neighbors house.

Still, that logistics work at all is amazing to me. With all of it's problems, that I could get something from China and delivered to my door is truly a wonder.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:06 AM
Musical minimalist

If there is a hub near you - it may be best to do "hold at location". Maybe they'd be able to handle that better

Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
This is rather unsettling, considering how many medications are being delivered via these services such as UPS and FEDEX.

Tony
My dad's meds are controlled. He has to go to UPS, show his ID and sign for them. Only he can pick them up. So, at least in his case, they are quite careful about this. It's a pretty serious drug, not sure how they handle other drugs.
Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!
Love my mountain dulcimers too! (7 Mountain Dulcimers)

Old 03-19-2018, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frets4fun View Post
My dad's meds are controlled. He has to go to UPS, show his ID and sign for them. Only he can pick them up. So, at least in his case, they are quite careful about this. It's a pretty serious drug, not sure how they handle other drugs.
My meds come through the mail and are delivered to my mailbox up the road from my house...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic