The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-13-2017, 07:25 PM

Default Levin 340 bridge pickup vrs strings problem

My name is Bill Marriott, and I live in the SF bay area. I used to have quite a few Levin archtops and flattops but now not so many (post divorce) One that I have kept for quite awhile is my Levin 340, top of the line in the small line of thin bodied semi hollow bodied guitars. It is a really nice guitar, both visual and craftsmanship wise. the one thing that is a pain though is that you cannot lower the strings to where I like, ie low, as the strings vibrate against the top of the bridge pickup.

I don't see an option to attach a pic, but will also note that there is a picture from this forum, with a Levin 350 that looks like it might of been modified for this issue by routing out a little pocket for the pickup to sink into, allowing strings to be lowered more. Am I seeing this correctly ? While it would be nice to improve the playability, but this is a very nice and rare guitar and I don't want to diminish its value, what ever that may be.

Plus, can one attach a file to a post, or does it need to reside somewhere, and I can post a link to it. The later is harder for me to do. In the meantime, I will dig out the diminutive red Levin 350 and see how it is set up

Regards

Bill Marriott\
SF bay area
[email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair