The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 08-19-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Lots of consumer items have powerful features that never get used, like the top 18 frets on my guitar, for example.
Good one AX !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
- I remember laughing at other kids in school who would look into a car and say "Wow - it goes over 100.120" or whatever!

First time I drove over 100 mph was in my Dad's Jaguar, sitting on his lap - I think I was about 7.

My wifey bought a car today ! - A Mini Cooper! Boy has technology changed in the last few years!
Andy, I also recall how we schoolboys used to judge cars and motorcycles by looking at the crazily boastful and optimistic clocks in 'em !

Unless your dad's 1950s Jag clock was reading 120, I doubt if you were doing more than about 90...

So, Jayne's mini sounds cool, has SHE "done the ton" yet ?
Old 08-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Lots of consumer items have powerful features that never get used, like the top 18 frets on my guitar, for example.
Wins the thread right there.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:10 PM

Default Why do we press harder on the remote rather than just change its batteries?

Once we solve this mystery of life, perhaps we can pool our collective intelligence (okay, whatever) to tackle these:
  • Why are boxing rings square?
  • Why isn't there any ham in hamburger?
  • Why do people have to get so excited when you drive on their Driving Range?
  • Why are women so weird? They're almost as weird as men!
  • Why can't golfers develop a stronger vocabulary? They go to the club to club the little white ball with a club, after which they go to another club to relax.
  • When the light goes out, where does it go?
  • Why can't I buy whatever it was that kept Tarzan's beard from growing?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Good one AX !

Andy, I also recall how we schoolboys used to judge cars and motorcycles by looking at the crazily boastful and optimistic clocks in 'em !

Unless your dad's 1950s Jag clock was reading 120, I doubt if you were doing more than about 90...

So, Jayne's mini sounds cool, has SHE "done the ton" yet ?
No, we still have to work out the strange alien BMW computer system, and the sound of a three cylinder turbo engine!!
Old 08-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

When I worked part-time at Lowes, the insanity of growing and maintaining "grass-infested" lawns became apparent to me. If you'll indulge me for a moment, step outside the box of your yard and think about all the time, money and energy that goes into growing and maintaining a lawn only to decimate it to a more respectable height. Lawn mowers, clippers, string trimmers, grass seed, yard fertilizer and weed killers not to mention those who opt for commercial companies that charge you to do all the above. If I were to ever purchase a house again, which seems very unlikely, it would have to have a yard of trees and/or moss....

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 08-20-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
That section of the speedometer is for those days when you've absolutely, positively, had it with solving all your merging problems with the brake.

Bob
So true not to mention the accelerator pedal can sometimes be as or more useful and safe, as the brake pedal

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jelly View Post
It's amazing how people can take a simple statement and go negative with it.

FYI - I have had sports cars in the past and I raced around the freeways and back roads endangering people. I got over that. I thought about renting time at a race track and realized I didn't want to take a nice expensive new car and beat the crap out of it. That's when I got over sports cars. But I did look pretty cool in it :-)
Yes it is sometimes, so here is a positive thought on your statements.
The "bold" being the case you should probably not have a high performance vehicle. So thank you for no longer doing so and allowing those of us who can control both a high performance vehicle and ourselves, to not have deal with you endangering others on the road

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-21-2017, 12:00 AM

Some people are car guys and some are not. There isn't any logical or rational explanation.

Car guys view cars as rolling works of art that can transport you not just from point a to point b, but do it as fast as you dare to go and without looking like 90 percent of the transportation appliances out there.

Cars are also time machines that can transport you back to your youth when you were thinner, better looking and had a pretty young babe in the seat next to you.
Sure its all fantasy, but it is also therapy, nostalgia, a hobby and fun.

We can all look around a pick apart someone else's passions. ..because passion is rarely logical. We all like what we like...who cares.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
Once we solve this mystery of life, perhaps we can pool our collective intelligence (okay, whatever) to tackle these:
  • Why are boxing rings square?
  • Why isn't there any ham in hamburger?
  • Why do people have to get so excited when you drive on their Driving Range?
  • Why are women so weird? They're almost as weird as men!
  • Why can't golfers develop a stronger vocabulary? They go to the club to club the little white ball with a club, after which they go to another club to relax.
  • When the light goes out, where does it go?
  • Why can't I buy whatever it was that kept Tarzan's beard from growing?
Why did the villagers on Kong Island build a fort to keep him out and then build the doors big enough for him to fit through?
Old 08-21-2017, 03:28 PM

Haven't you ever invited that obnoxious neighbor for supper, hoping to talk some sense into him? No? Well, then, have you ever received an unexpected dinner invitation from a neighbor you don't particularly like?

cotten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic