The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Guest 1928

It's reasonably clear that the neck is overset for this bridge height, but that is compared to the ideal geometry. We can't expect everything to be ideal for $150. If you like the sound of the guitar and the action is acceptable as it is now, there's no reason not to play it and enjoy it for what it is. As I said earlier, I would fit a new saddle pretty snuggly and glue it with thin CA just for some extra support. I bet it would go for years, or forever, without issues due to the bridge or saddle.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:40 AM

Are the OP's pics still visible to everybody ? ... I am just seeing a "Update your account" message from Photobucket.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrmac123 View Post
Are the OP's pics still visible to everybody ? ... I am just seeing a "Update your account" message from Photobucket.
I had to open his post to reply with quote, cut and paste the URL, and then it worked. I've not been able to see the pic from the beginning.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
Never buy a cheap badly-made guitar. I've seen some wonderful instruments considering their $150 price tag. The Washburns that Costco sells are an example. They still need a decent setup, but the construction and implementation are sound.

The lesson to learn is how to a assess a guitar of any price range for good design, construction and setup. Armed with that knowledge, the guitar you presented should have immediately been dismissed as not "value for the money".
Yep, I agree completely. I admit I was in love mostly with the design of the guitar, and I dismissed the misgivings my gut was voicing.

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry about that. I have no idea what happened. I can't see the images, either. I never use Photobucket except for when I am posting pictures on this forum. I don't know what caused the interruption. Maybe they want to start charging me money? I'll look into it.

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Taylor GS Mini
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 08-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Yup, they're trying to get me to pay money: "WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING* PLEASE UPGRADE TO A PLUS 500 PLAN."

Since third-party hosting is the only thing I use Photobucket for, I'll have to cancel my account with them.

Does anyone know of a similar site that still allows third-party hosting for free?

Thanks!

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Taylor GS Mini
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 08-17-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTwang View Post
Does anyone know of a similar site that still allows third-party hosting for free?
I can wholeheartedly recommend ImageShack ... they have a free version, and a paid version (which I use) but the paid version is peanuts compared to what Photobucket are asking.
Old 08-19-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I can wholeheartedly recommend ImageShack ... they have a free version, and a paid version (which I use) but the paid version is peanuts compared to what Photobucket are asking.
Thank you, I'll check that out!

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Taylor GS Mini
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair