The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-12-2017, 05:26 PM

Default Fender Paramount Series PM-1

While Fender seems to be trying to change our perspective on their acoustic offerings, this may be a sign that it's not going over very well.

MF Stupid Deal of the Day

Fender Paramount Series PM-1 Limited Adirondack Dreadnought, Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural

An expansion of the Paramount Series acoustic guitars, the Paramount Series PM-1 Limited Adirondack Dreadnought, Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar combines upgraded features and refined style to create a responsive and inspiring instrument. Carefully crafted for superior tone, high performance and refined visual appeal, this premium instrument

WAS: $1,199.99 SAVINGS: $600.00 Sale Price: $599.99

Will this line eventually get respect or will it slide into an afterthought. Your thoughts?
Old 12-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Fender has been around since the early 1950s and has been very successful producing/selling electric guitars. They've yet to make a serious dent in the acoustic guitar market, and there's a lot more competition in that market now. I'm going to vote for this latest incarnation sliding into an afterthought. Anybody in the market for a 1969 Fender Palamino????

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 12-12-2017, 06:21 PM

I'd give the adirondack topped Fender a shot at that price, if it didn't have the electronics on the side
Old 12-12-2017, 06:59 PM

A shop fairly local to me started carrying Fender about the time Fender started trying to make a run at acoustics again...

I have to say, I've tried a few of them, and I haven't kept one in my hands more than a few minutes at a time...

They just look, feel, play and sound sub par to me...I'm underwhelmed...

From what the shop owner tells me, most reactions are the same as mine, and he doesn't think he's going to continue carrying them long...
Old 12-12-2017, 08:52 PM

Default Fender Paramount Series PM-1

My pm3 deluxe sounds amazing! All solid spruce and rosewood, and a solid mahogany neck. bone nut and saddle, ebony fingerboard and bridge! Fancy inlays and impeccable craftsmanship! Glued with hide glue, vintage open back tuners! A lot of guitar for 850.00 GC hooked me up and I enjoy doing business with them!

Last edited by hatchettjack; 12-12-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:11 PM

My 12-fret all mahogany PM-2 is a great guitar. Practicing the sort-of-Chet-Atkins version of “Silent Night,” I’m loving the “let it ring” parts. A very smooth fingerboard.

Naples, FL

1972 Martin D18 (Kimsified, so there!)
Alvarez Yairi PYM70
Yamaha LS-TA with sunburst finish
Republic parlor resonator
Too many ukeleles
Old 12-14-2017, 08:56 PM

I have the PM-1, all mahogany. It's a great guitar in every way. Very happy with it.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:31 AM

I'm GAS'ing for a PM2 Deluxe - and have been for a long time. Nice little instrument. Really want/need a parlour in my collection and this suits the bill!
Old 12-15-2017, 09:44 AM

I took delivery of a Paramount PM-3 Limited 000 Adirondack/Rosewood this passed Tuesday. I have been putting in some serious time with it since then. It's a beautiful guitar.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAnd View Post
I'm GAS'ing for a PM2 Deluxe - and have been for a long time. Nice little instrument. Really want/need a parlour in my collection and this suits the bill!

I have it and it's fantastic!

It definitely has a 40's Gibson feel to it. I came >< this close to changing the pickguard to something more gibson-y because of how much it reminds me of my old J-45.

They do not make it in sunburst anymore according to the Fender website - mine is sunburst with a 2017 serial number, which means it has the Limited style battery and jack in the endblock. I like almost everything about it. It hangs on the wall in my bedroom and I play it all the time. The short scale is wonderful and easy to play while lounging about. Even the Fender Dura-Tone strings surprised me - coated string but not sticky and almost no finger noise on the wound strings.

The Martin dread is now in the case.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:34 AM

The limited versions were to be sold until the end of 2017.
See the video around 2m00s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRbUOKJ8ACI
My thoughts are that they are trying to accomplish that.
I tested the PM-1 all mahogany at a local store, I liked and I am thinking if I should by this one online.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion