The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

View Poll Results: Which guitar should I choose?
LTD EC1000 (Black) 1 100.00%
Schecter Corsair T.O.M (Cherry/Walnut) 0 0%
Godin Icon Type 2 Fat Black (Black) 0 0%
Godin LG HB (Natural Mahogany) 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Default Gift choice: LTD EC1000 or Schecter Corsair TOM

Hi folks,

Yesterday a friend offered me to choose an E-guitar among part of his collection, as a gift to me: A LTD EC1000 Deluxe Black, a Schecter Corsair TOM in a cherry-walnut-ish color, and two Godins. I'm mostly an acoustic player, I only have an Epiphone Les Paul which I haven't touched since last year. That being said, I still love the Les Paul shape, in which exactly the EC1000 is (and it looks really gorgeous, except the wavy fretmarks); on the other hand I need an E-guitar to practise blues, which makes the Schecter Corsair an ideal choice.

The two Godins are an Icon Type 2 Fat Black and an LG HB in its natural mahogany color. I don't really like their shapes, but that might be because I was too ignorant about this brand. I'd be happy if you talk me in

All these guitars are mint. Which one should I choose? Or should I just pick the most expensive one and trade it for another guitar (just kidding )? Any input is appreciated

Last edited by hillin; 11-17-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:49 AM

Default Gift choice: LTD EC1000 or Schecter Corsair TOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillin View Post
Hi folks,

Yesterday a friend offered me to choose an E-guitar among part of his collection, as a gift to me: A LTD EC1000 Deluxe Black, a Schecter Corsair TOM in a cherry-walnut-ish color, and two Godins. I'm mostly an acoustic player, I only have an Epiphone Les Paul which I haven't touched since last year. That being said, I still love the Les Paul shape, in which exactly the EC1000 is (and it looks really gorgeous, except the wavy fretmarks); on the other hand I need an E-guitar to practise blues, which makes the Schecter Corsair an ideal choice.

The two Godins are an Icon Type 2 Fat Black and an LG HB in its natural mahogany color. I don't really like their shapes, but that might be because I was too ignorant about this brand. I'd be happy if you talk me in [emoji6]

All these guitars are mint. Which one should I choose? Or should I just pick the most expensive one (should be the Godin Icon Type 2 I think) and trade it for another guitar? Any input is appreciated [emoji3]

Man if I gifted someone one of my babies just to see him trade it for something else, that would be the last time I’d ever gift that person anything.

All 3 guitars go for about the same price. In between $500-$800 so it truly is a win win for you. I would go with the LTD because of the active pickups (I love metal lol) but for you I would think the semi hollow Schecter would be the better choice. Best thing you can do is to try them all.

Last edited by 1neeto; 11-17-2017 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Man if I gifted someone one of my babies just to see him trade it for something else, that would be the last time I’d ever gift that person anything.

All 3 guitars go for about the same price. In between $500-$800 so it truly is a win win for you. I would go with the LTD because of the active pickups (I love metal lol) but for you I would think the semi hollow Schecter would be the better choice. Best thing you can do is to try them all.
Thanks man, the trading part was a joke

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars