The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-16-2016, 10:31 AM

Coming to this one late...my Hawks look decent...penalty kill is terrible, though.

10 in a row for Philly is nuts...just looked at their schedule. That streak might keep going...another day or two...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-16-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Coming to this one late...my Hawks look decent...penalty kill is terrible, though.

10 in a row for Philly is nuts...just looked at their schedule. That streak might keep going...another day or two...
Hawks are on top in the West. "Decent" is rather faint praise for them doncha think? I mean just because they're not in the Metro...

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-17-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Taking my son to the game tonight!
Hurricanes vs Capitals tonight!
Should be a good one..

Tonight will be a tale of two streaks.... the Capitals are on a six game winning streak. The Hurricanes are also on a streak of their own, winning their last seven games on home ice. Something has to give tonight, and it will be an exciting divisional showdown.
Jake, how was the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post

Jeff, great to see you here. Hard to believe the Hawks' penalty kill is so bad.

Penguins lose 1-0 in OT. Just watched the highlights of the winning goal. Kessel's stick broke on a shot attempt so while he's going to the bench for a stick (or did he sub out) the Kings have an odd man rush and score.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Jake, how was the game?
The game was awesome.. lots of action and scoring .. Was a 3-3 tie into scoreless overtime and then shoot out.

But as a Canes fan. We went home with sad faces. Lost 4-3 .. Capitals scored 2x in the shoot out. We failed.

Great game with my 18 yr old son just back from his first semester from college and great seats! (thanks to a last minute Craigslist deal).

Old 12-17-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
The game was awesome.. lots of action and scoring .. Was a 3-3 tie into scoreless overtime and then shoot out.

But as a Canes fan. We went home with sad faces. Lost 4-3 .. Capitals scored 2x in the shoot out. We failed.

Great game with my 18 yr old son just back from his first semester from college and great seats! (thanks to a last minute Craigslist deal).

Wow, what great seats!!! Sorry to hear that your team lost. Sad to see so many empty seats. I believe I read a couple of days ago that the Hurricane's have the lowest attendance in the league at 11,xxx per game. I wonder how much longer the team will stay there. Must be tough on the fans such as yourself.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Hawks are on top in the West. "Decent" is rather faint praise for them doncha think? I mean just because they're not in the Metro...
Being conservative. Just coming off a Cubs World Series win

There's a few things I don't love about the team that will need to get shored up in the long run. They're going to be in a lot of close games this winter. Fun to watch though...another good crop of young players alongside "elder statesmen" Kane and Toews

The penalty kill has gotten better, too, I think the numbers are skewed by how bad it was the first month...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 12-18-2016, 05:28 AM

All of a sudden the Penguins are having a tough time scoring goals.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
All of a sudden the Penguins are having a tough time scoring goals.
Scoring just one goal in the last two games is really disconcerting especially since they were generously awarded an abundance of power play time in both games. However they did manage two points for their efforts, and their defense has done well despite having two top four d-men (Letang and Daley) out with injuries.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-18-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Scoring just one goal in the last two games is really disconcerting especially since they were generously awarded an abundance of power play time in both games. However they did manage two points for their efforts, and their defense has done well despite having two top four d-men (Letang and Daley) out with injuries.
I watched the first period on Hockey Night in Canada last night, followed by Don Cherry of course. Malkin had a great shot for that goal, especially considered he was knocked down and lost his stick seconds before that goal.

Letang's injuring is rough. Two years in a row now he's missing considerable amount of games. Let's hope he's well rested when he comes back for the playoff run (and there will be a run!).
Old 12-21-2016, 06:11 AM

Well the Pens broke out of their scoring slump in a big way last night beating the Rangers 7-2. They outshot the Rangers 47-28 and dominated play for most of the game. The usual suspects, Crosby-Malkin-Kessel, all scored along with 4 others of the supporting cast. Rangers looked tired and coach Vigneault mentioned in his post-game presser that his team had just completed a tough stretch of games in a short period of time.

Should be a good matchup on Thursday when the Pens and Blue Jackets meet for the first time this season. Jackets actually have the best record in the NHL in points per game played.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-21-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Well the Pens broke out of their scoring slump in a big way last night beating the Rangers 7-2. They outshot the Rangers 47-28 and dominated play for most of the game. The usual suspects, Crosby-Malkin-Kessel, all scored along with 4 others of the supporting cast. Rangers looked tired and coach Vigneault mentioned in his post-game presser that his team had just completed a tough stretch of games in a short period of time.

Should be a good matchup on Thursday when the Pens and Blue Jackets meet for the first time this season. Jackets actually have the best record in the NHL in points per game played.
Nice to see Crosby back on the scoresheet.

Pens / Blue Jackets. Let's see how Columbus stacks up.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Nice to see Crosby back on the scoresheet.

Pens / Blue Jackets. Let's see how Columbus stacks up.
I'd say Columbus stacks up pretty well. 7-1 Owch!!

Except for Crosby's opening goal watching the game required that my wife secure all potentially throwable objects safely away from my TV.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 12-23-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I'd say Columbus stacks up pretty well. 7-1 Owch!!

Except for Crosby's opening goal watching the game required that my wife secure all potentially throwable objects safely away from my TV.
I didn't see the game but I saw it was 1-1 when I went to bed and Crosby had a goal (he seems to get that first goal often). I woke up and was shocked. Give it to Torterella (spl) and the Blue Jackets. Not often a team can make a swing like that from the previous year while not making major changes. Still a lot of hockey left but I'm happy for the team and their fans (seeing I lived in Columbus a few years).
Old 12-23-2016, 02:33 PM

I had Pens/CBJ on in the background while spending time with the family but yeah - Hartnell has always had the Pens' number since the time he was with the Flyers. Tortorella and Sullivan have history too, so I'm thinking that the master had to show up the apprentice.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Did y'all know that Heinz Ketchup is the official ketchup of the NHL? Who'd a thunk? Maybe that's what'll fill Lord Stanley's Cup at the end of the season.

You're welcome.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic