The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-31-2015, 04:46 PM

Default Cordoba Humicase experience?

Sweetwater has a couple different Cordoba humicase hard cases on their site, has anyone had much experience with these and how do your like their humipod system?
Old 05-31-2015, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Default Cordoba Humicase experience?

I have the brown hard case. There is one round pod over the sound hole. Nice case which I got as part of deal on my guitar but I don't think they are any better than your regular hard case with humidity device of choice. It's not like. TRIC case which I think controls for temp and humidity more effectively. On the plus side if you buy the humicase with the guitar and register them on cordoba website it bumps up the guitar warranty to lifetime.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:22 AM

I've had a couple of bad Humicases w/ loose latches, etc. that would not close properly. Perhaps the higher line ones like the "Metro" are better, but the cheap ones can be terrible.

I much prefer SKB cases overall, but make sure it fits your guitars dimensions. You can install a humidifier of your choice.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:06 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I've got one of the "Protege'" models, black with blue interior and two humidifier positions. Mine has done just fine.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM

I purchased one a while back and I like it a lot. It's a good sturdy case for far less than you would expect to pay, it compared to a Taylor or Martin factory case. I can't comment on the humipods as I never used them.

TK
Old 06-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

I have the protege as well, the humipods worked fine when I needed them in the US, haven't had any use for them in NZ. The case was sturdy enough to protect my guitar when some United Airlines gorillas beat the eff out of it after I was forced into a plane-side check situation, so I think the case is pretty tough for the price point. Fits a standard dimension classical very snugly.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 AM

I have a Cordoba Fusion which came with their better model gig bag. I use a sound hole humidifier in the case stored flat with not problems.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 AM

I have the model with the two sponge cases, one over the soundhole and one in the headstock area. I don't know the model but it is the base case that Cordoba was using as their warranty booster.

The latches work, the case top fits on the case bottom smoothly with no force. The interior padding is OK and the sponge humidifiers seem to work OK. The covering is tolex like and has held up OK. A decent basic case. Caveat, I take my nylon string guitars out in a gig bag about 99% of the time so this case is primarily house storage. As a result, it has not been tested too hard.

hunter

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical