The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM

Thank you to Chris for sending out a couple of free samples.

Of the two, I prefer the "Classic" only because 1.5mm is the thickness I like on a pick if I had to choose between the two. The "Striker" is a nice pick for sure, but I just gravitate () toward the 1.5mm and the classic teardrop shape.

They are very musical picks, and feel good in your hand. Some thought obviously went into these as they are beveled nicely, stick somewhat to your fingers when warm, the material choice was good for a pick and it has little to no drag across the strings. They both move nicely over your strings with very little pick noise.

I'd say if you are looking to try something new, these would be good to check out.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Is there some sort of variety pack on the website? I can see where to order individial picks and multiple of the same style of picks, but I was just wondering if there is an assortment pack available.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 06:26 PM

Default Great pick!

Let me start by saying I don't like using picks. I find I can do more with fingers, and most picks are all over the road with me. These are a true exception. They feel great, and don't slide between my thumb and finger at all. I also love how smoothly, and accurately they go across the strings. I seem to be able to pick single strings a bit better. I honestly didn't expect a pick to be any different than most others. Very well made! Thanks so much Chris. I'll spread the word and going to look at some others.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM

I sent an email to Gravity asking which of his picks came close to what I was currently using, after all the great reviews I thought I would just order a couple. Instead I was sent 2 samples close to what I was asking about. Classic 1.1 and 1.5. I sat down to pick a tune with the 1.1 first and its sounded great. I then tried the 1.5 and couldn't believe the sound that was coming from my guitar. The tone and ringing of the strings was incredible. Placed and order this afternoon. Apparently I've been using the wrong picks all this time.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:32 PM

Let me start off by saying I am a complete beginner, I have only been playing for about 1 1/2 months. I could not find a pick that I liked until my sample arrived. All I can say is wow, all three of the picks just felt right and it actually made it easier for me to practice my strumming. Thank you so much for the samples Chris and you have another loyal customer!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird66 View Post
Let me start off by saying I am a complete beginner, I have only been playing for about 1 1/2 months. I could not find a pick that I liked until my sample arrived. All I can say is wow, all three of the picks just felt right and it actually made it easier for me to practice my strumming. Thank you so much for the samples Chris and you have another loyal customer!
Chris is awesome!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Hey - I "met" Chris on another forum. Great guy, great picks. Nice to do business with. Cheers, Ed
Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 PM

Default Tried them, will buy them...

Thanks for the samples, Chris. Love the tone of these picks. I'll be getting some more for myself and to give as gifts.
Alvarez-Yairi: DY-58 9 string
Santa Cruz Baritone
CA: GX Performer, Cargo
Les Paul Deluxe
Tele '52 reissue
National Style O
Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM

I'm a 52 y.o. newb and have been playing a couple of months. So, when going down my vast list of things I have needed to concentrate on, I have not given much thought to picks. I figured that a pick is a pick...it's something I'll use if somebody else tells me I need to, but I would rather not. Got my samples in from Chris yesterday. Yeah, go figure, I was wrong about picks too. These are very nice. I don't know a lot, but I know these things slide across the strings and ring clear. I don't feel like I'm about to dig in like I had been. Thanks Chris. Gettin an order up.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird66 View Post
Awesome. That is great when a newer player has a positive experience with playing, practicing and learning. It makes it fun.

Chris

Premium, Handmade Guitar Picks. With great care and precision, we offer these to you. Available in all Sam Ash Music locations.

http://www.gravitypicks.com
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM

Hi Chris you gave me a sample pick a long time ago and I have to say I took a good amount of time using it and debating it's pros and cons. I have to praise you on your pick it was simply amazing and extremely comfortable. Compared to the other picks I used at the time your pick was a cut above, I used an obsidian stone pick, an ebony pick and an rosewood pick.

The wooden picks provided a unique tonal characteristic with the different woods but they wore away extremely quickly. The stone pick also had a distinct tonal quality but was not as comfortable as the gravity pick. The Gravity pick was the best in my opinion because of it's endurance and it's comfort. To be honest I couldn't fault the gravity pick.

Regards,
Jez Rodriguez

Premium, Handmade Guitar Picks. With great care and precision, we offer these to you. Available in all Sam Ash Music locations.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:25 AM

I received this pick a while ago and waited to post a review until I could get a good amount of time playing it. I have to say, with the exception of the sample pick being perfectly clear, I love it. I almost lost it the first day when I put it down on the table but I have not played with another one since. I dont know a whole lot about pick material or technology, but this one is definitely better quality than the Fender picks I was playing. The sound coming out of the guitar is "fuller." I really like this pick and thanks to the sample Gravity Picks has found a steady customer.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM

First time poster here. Saw this thread and got in on the action. I play mostly thicker Jazz IIIs with max grip but wanted something thicker and slightly bigger for my new adventure into flatpicking. Chris hooked me up nicely with a small assortment to try. I have to say after using these picks for the better part of a week that they feel alive compared to the dull plastic ones I am accustomed too. The nice part is I can get close to 4 of the kind I like for the cost of 1 of the more premium priced picks. No slipping either. I havent sound-holed a pick yet which I have made into an artform. Kudos on the lovely product and you can expect an order from me promptly.

Chip
SA, TX

[IMG] Untitled by chibecca, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by chibarek; 03-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:40 PM

Default Great product

Great pick. I'm torn between the 1.1 and the 1.5 but both are great just different. Thanks Chris!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibarek View Post
First time poster here. Saw this thread and got in on the action. I play mostly thicker Jazz IIIs with max grip but wanted something thicker and slightly bigger for my new adventure into flatpicking. Chris hooked me up nicely with a small assortment to try. I have to say after using these picks for the better part of a week that they feel alive compared to the dull plastic ones I am accustomed too. The nice part is I can get close to 4 of the kind I like for the cost of 1 of the more premium priced picks. No slipping either. I havent sound-holed a pick yet which I have made into an artform. Kudos on the lovely product and you can expect an order from me promptly.

Chip
SA, TX

[IMG] Untitled by chibecca, on Flickr[/IMG]
Thanks for checking them out. And uploading the picture. Much appreciated.

Chris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace