The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-18-2024, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Default New Mini PA Day!! EV Everse 8

I'm one of those weird people that likes all of their sound equipment to match as much as possible mainly for consistency. After having intermittent issues with my Bose L1 Pro8, I switched to an EV Evolve 30m and was very impressed with it after two shows. So next it was time to send my trusty S1 Pro to a new home and get an EV Everse 8. I brought the new Everse 8 home yesterday and I am very impressed with it so far. One thing that was really cool was as soon as I connected it to my phone via Bluetooth it automatically updated the firmware. After having to borrow my daughter's laptop to update the firmware on my L1 Pro8, this was a great improvement! I didn't have time to do much testing yesterday, but did stream some Pandora from my phone and it sounded great. And dang it's loud too! I'll have some time this week to hook up a microphone and guitar and work out my settings before I use it for a gig Sunday, but I can already tell I'm going to be very happy with this speaker.

Here's the proof it happened.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Everse 8.jpg (80.0 KB, 158 views)
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 03-18-2024, 08:12 AM

Love mine! I also have both the 30M and the Everse 8. They both cover all my gigs from 25 to 100 people. Wish they would make a Everse 10.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Love mine! I also have both the 30M and the Everse 8. They both cover all my gigs from 25 to 100 people. Wish they would make a Everse 10.
The don't do a 10 right now but there is the Everse 12. I think that one goes beyond what I'm wanting for this though. If I needed anything bigger than the 8, I'll just take my 30m.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-speaker-black
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-18-2024, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Congrats Mick. I love my Everse 8. Been gigging it since last July.

I did have an issue with high frequency digital distortion in the tweeter.
Sent it back to EV with no problems, (I had to use another system for my gigs that week) They sent it back in a week. However, the problem wasn't fixed. So I sent it back again and EV sent me a new one. They were very helpful along the way.

Look forward to your gig report.

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ

Last edited by jricc; 03-18-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:10 AM

This seems like an excellent speaker. I just posted about my good experience with the Bose S1Pro+ in a pinch yesterday. It occured to me that I already have a mixer! Rodecaster Pro II that I use for streaming. When I need extra inputs I can take that and I have a live music scene setup.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I tried the Everse 8 out at G.C. and I think it sounds better than the Bose S1Pro+.

I am tempted to get two of them for use with the Rodecaster. I think it makes sense for most to consolidate around one brand and one mixer interface app. It gets confusing with a lot of different interfaces.

Enjoy!
Old 03-18-2024, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
This seems like an excellent speaker. I just posted about my good experience with the Bose S1Pro+ in a pinch yesterday. It occured to me that I already have a mixer! Rodecaster Pro II that I use for streaming. When I need extra inputs I can take that and I have a live music scene setup.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I tried the Everse 8 out at G.C. and I think it sounds better than the Bose S1Pro+.

I am tempted to get two of them for use with the Rodecaster. I think it makes sense for most to consolidate around one brand and one mixer interface app. It gets confusing with a lot of different interfaces.

Enjoy!
The EV app is head and shoulders above the Bose app, I'm really impressed with it. As far as overall sound goes, I'm still a Bose Fanboy but in practicality the EV products are much better. And I'm confident that as I get used to them I can make them sound just as good as I could my Bose units.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-18-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Mick View Post
The don't do a 10 right now but there is the Everse 12. I think that one goes beyond what I'm wanting for this though. If I needed anything bigger than the 8, I'll just take my 30m.
Yes I know about the 12. I just want a 10" as an added speaker to my 30M for rooms that need more sound in a different direction.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The EV app is head and shoulders above the Bose app, I'm really impressed with it. As far as overall sound goes, I'm still a Bose Fanboy but in practicality the EV products are much better. And I'm confident that as I get used to them I can make them sound just as good as I could my Bose units.
I agree, the EV app is very smooth, full featured and intuitive. Although I've only used app a few times at gigs, i usually just make any adjustments on the speaker itself.

Congrats again with the rig (to go along with your new Taylors)

Martin 000-1
Rainsong CH-OM
Martin SC10e sapele

My Band's Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/artist/2KKD...SVeZXf046SaPoQ
Old 03-18-2024, 10:31 AM

My main issue with the EV app is that I lose the bluetooth connection a lot. I don't know why that is, but it happens a lot. Luckily everything just stays as is and you can continue on, but it's a bit of a pain to have to reconnect multiple times during a gig.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
My main issue with the EV app is that I lose the bluetooth connection a lot. I don't know why that is, but it happens a lot. Luckily everything just stays as is and you can continue on, but it's a bit of a pain to have to reconnect multiple times during a gig.
That's odd. I haven't experienced any issues with the EV app disconnecting during a gig. The Bose app always had to be reconnected anytime I opened it during a gig. Saturday night I just left my phone open on the mixer app for the whole gig. I was curious because I thought it might kill my phone battery, but it didn't go down much at all.
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

Old 03-18-2024, 11:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Do you mean the bluetooth connection to run the Quicksmart app? Maybe I've been lucky so far, but other than having to try a couple times to initially connect (rarely), that's been rock-solid. On the other hand I had fits getting the separate bluetooth connection for streaming to remain solid, or connect at all, until I followed advice to connect that first, before launching Quicksmart.

But I play almost exclusively in suburban environments. Some can be very busy but if I were in Manhattan or something, I wonder if it'd be more difficult.

I guess reliability of connections can also depend on the phone--and probably not just the quality of the phone, but multiple variations of Android, if that's what you're using, can be a gamble.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:30 PM

Love my Everse 8 - bought the new ZLX 8P G2 and some EV stands to supplement larger gigs instead of the 30m due to not needing the subwoofer. Very happy and for the price cannot beat the Everse8/8” ZLX G2 modular setup!
Old 03-18-2024, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Do you mean the bluetooth connection to run the Quicksmart app? Maybe I've been lucky so far, but other than having to try a couple times to initially connect (rarely), that's been rock-solid. On the other hand I had fits getting the separate bluetooth connection for streaming to remain solid, or connect at all, until I followed advice to connect that first, before launching Quicksmart.

But I play almost exclusively in suburban environments. Some can be very busy but if I were in Manhattan or something, I wonder if it'd be more difficult.

I guess reliability of connections can also depend on the phone--and probably not just the quality of the phone, but multiple variations of Android, if that's what you're using, can be a gamble.
Yes the Quicksmart app....connecting by bluetooth for the mixer. I don't stream music though bluetooth...I use 3.5mm cord for that. When you say you connect first before launching quicksmart, do you mean you go into your bluetooth connections on you phone and connect to the EV30M first and then launch the QuickSmart app? Not sure I am understanding? I just turn on bluetooth on my phone and open the quicksmart app and it finds and connects to the EV30M.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes the Quicksmart app....connecting by bluetooth for the mixer. I don't stream music though bluetooth...I use 3.5mm cord for that. When you say you connect first before launching quicksmart, do you mean you go into your bluetooth connections on you phone and connect to the EV30M first and then launch the QuickSmart app?
Yes--but to solve my bluetooth streaming issue. So I doubt what I'm doing will help you, although who knows.

But even before I tried streaming for break music, my Quicksmart app was virtually always rock-solid. I would then, and do now, just pair that through the app and all is well. But now I only launch Quicksmart after pairing 7/8 with my phone the old-fashioned way, via the phone's pairing function (only way to pair streaming far as I know). When I tried launching Quicksmart first, streaming was rickety if at all.

So dang, I'd be very frustrated if I had to reconnect the app all the time. I adjust things not only between songs but during them!
Old 03-18-2024, 11:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm one of those weird people that likes all of their sound equipment to match as much as possible mainly for consistency. After having intermittent issues with my Bose L1 Pro8, I switched to an EV Evolve 30m and was very impressed with it after two shows. So next it was time to send my trusty S1 Pro to a new home and get an EV Everse 8. I brought the new Everse 8 home yesterday and I am very impressed with it so far. One thing that was really cool was as soon as I connected it to my phone via Bluetooth it automatically updated the firmware. After having to borrow my daughter's laptop to update the firmware on my L1 Pro8, this was a great improvement! I didn't have time to do much testing yesterday, but did stream some Pandora from my phone and it sounded great. And dang it's loud too! I'll have some time this week to hook up a microphone and guitar and work out my settings before I use it for a gig Sunday, but I can already tell I'm going to be very happy with this speaker.

Here's the proof it happened.
Congrats on your system synergy. I am one who also things that matters. I really need to try the Everse 8. I get a lot of mileage from my Bose S1 Pro and S1 Pro Plus, but when they run out of headroom they sound harsh 'fast!' Doesn't happen often and I mostly use the Bose S1 Pro (and Plus) as stage monitoring. or for small gigs when I need wider dispersion.
Collings D1 Traditional
Collings OM1C
Gibson EC Ebony Songwriter Custom
Emerald X20
Emerald X30
Martin OMC-28 Custom
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Fender 61 Wildwood 10 Strat
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC

www.heartsoulaz.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification