The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Default Eastman E1P-LTD

Anybody played one? Know how many they made? There don't seem to be a ton around, even for a limited ed.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:14 PM

I have one. They supposedly only made 130 (65 for US, 65 for Europe) with the number of production being the serial number (1/130, 2/130, etc), but I've seen a few for sale with more standard looking serial numbers (maybe they were prototypes or show guitars). Anyway, the one I have plays great, is really comfy with the smaller body, and sounds great too. I am learning some of the classic Jethro Tull songs from the 70's, and this pretty much nails Ian Anderson's tone during that time. He used a Martin 0-45, capo-ed anywhere from the 3rd to 7th fret, and it always had this great shimmer in the top end. Sounded like it lived sonically between a guitar and a mandolin. This Eastman does too, and I expect it'll sound better as the wood breaks in (my other Eastman, an AC510C, sounds a little muddy when I capo it that high). When played open, the E1P sounds pretty much exactly how'd you expect - midrangey, with a focused bass. I've read it would probably be great for blues/slide, but that's not my thing.

I'm sure you know the specs, but if you don't, it's solid Sapele back and sides, solid Adi top, ebony bridge and fretboard.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:50 PM

The E1P is back and currently available all over Germany... really tempting!
https://btm-guitars.de/produkt/eastman-e1p-limited-2/
I would love to try a decent quality small 12-fretter.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:12 PM

I have one of the most current run. I could do without the CLA finish. It looks better in pictures than in person.

But the guitar itself plays great, feels great, sounds great. I love it.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:23 PM

Yes... I would prefer a gloss finish. And I think that rosewood back and sides could do such a little box better for fingerstyle rather than blues licks. Maybe I'll save up some more for an E20P or Stanford P20.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctone View Post
Yes... I would prefer a gloss finish. And I think that rosewood back and sides could do such a little box better for fingerstyle rather than blues licks. Maybe I'll save up some more for an E20P or Stanford P20.
I have a rosewood single O on order from Pre War, so I was happy this one is sapele.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion