The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-25-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Nykoruk View Post
I just acquired the GC Duet Ambience (2011 I think) and have put the DAddario Pro Arte Hard Tension strings on it. I find the wound strings are louder than the trebles. I'm hoping to boost them into a better balance. I ordered these by :
GHS Muriel Anderson Signature Nylon String Set
Titanium Nylon Trebles Last Longer and Improve Clarity
Winter Silver Basses
Each Treble has a "knob" end that is uniquely designed to prevent slippage
String gauges .028, .033, .040, .030w, .037w, .046w
Perfectly balanced classical tone
I think they are "Polished" to help reduce the scratchy Finger noise that I hate.
Any thoughts?
Also I need to replace the tuning knobs, any links to ones that fit and are good quality? I'm not looking for the several hundred $ versions, but ones that are more affordable and good, 1:18 ? Thanks in advance for any experiences!
If you are using the standard Pro Arte set then consider getting fluorocarbon trebles to go with your basses. If they help out a bunch (they will be considerably brighter than standard nylon) then just get the sets that already have carbon trebles.

You can get inexpensive but fair quality tuning machines from Amazon. Be sure that whatever you get has the cast baseplate and not the base plate that has bent tabs to retain the worm shaft.

Cast Base classical guitar tuners from Amazon
Old 12-26-2022, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the insights! Keep On Strumming!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical